Logistics and Procurement Manager
- Organization: MTI - Medical Teams International
- Location: Dnipro
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Salary Range: Please note the typical Hiring range is $65,000 - $70,000 per year. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity.
The Logistics and Procurement Manager is responsible for overseeing that all Logistics and Procurement, Fleet operations and daily operating activities, including are in line with all related regulations, to facilitate all Medical Teams operations in Ukraine.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic and Coordination
- Coordinate all country level supply chain activities including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, warehousing, asset management and facilities.
- Apply distribution control techniques to optimize stock levels to ensure effective flow of goods (pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies)
- Participate in writing expressions of interest, project proposals, developing budgets, procurement plans, and project performance analysis reports.
- Lead the interaction and coordination with Ukraine Logistics Cluster around cargo movement, storage, fuel supply and other areas of service provision to operational areas as required.
- Be the lead in directing and monitoring daily operations of Logistics and Procurement services and ensure compliance to Medical Teams International processes and procedures and donor regulations.
- Responsible for directing and monitoring the daily implementation of country logistics and procurement activities, with particular focus on medical supply chain and fleet management.
- Primary Logistics and Procurement technical focal point for Ukraine office, liaising closely with HQ focal point and other SMEs on a consistent basis, including participating and attending weekly, action-based meetings
- Responsible to ensure that all logistics and procurement processes are carried out in line with Medical Teams policy and procedures and in line with government and donor requirements. Special emphasis being made on storage of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, including cold chain management.
- Design, develop and execute plans to manage upstream and downstream medical supply pipelines to ensure efficient and efficient delivery to program locations in a timely manner
- Manage procurement process in accordance with Medical Teams policies and procedures in a transparent, accountable, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner, that protects and benefits Medical Teams activities.
- Work with HQ Logistics team on any international procurement activities and associated transportation/importation of same goods into Ukraine, ensuring adherence to import/customs regulations
- Ensure that logistics and procurement paperwork is filed properly and available for audits in hard copy and digital format uploaded in Teams.
- Lead in the creation, revision and submission of country-specific logistics and procurement SOPs for approval to ensure compliance with the Global Procurement Policy and donor regulations.
- Lead in-country tender processes as the procurement focal point for convening necessary meetings to evaluate submissions as necessary in line with the required procurement procedures. This includes ensure all participants are aware of tender process SOP.
- Lead the team in developing the supplier base and contract management including tracking supplies and managing supplier contracts, updating database using appropriate due diligence process, and work closely with user departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation.
- Support timely payments for suppliers by ensuring all required documentation is submitted completely and on time.
- Work with Team Lead and other key staff in annual and project specific procurement planning, regularly tracking procurement and supply efficiency, country level budget vs. actual, providing reports to management as required to support decision making.
- Ensure that correct procedures are implemented to enable accurate receiving of goods with appropriate technical review where necessary (adequate checking of deliveries of goods for quality, price and quantity ensuring the correct recording of details on relevant/appropriate forms; GRNs, Waybill or Delivery Note)
- Work with Medical Coordinator, to ensure that correct procedures are in place to manage the stocks, including cold chain procedures for pharmaceuticals to be stored in an adequately locked and temperature-controlled environment.
- Ensure that all dispatches have been approved and waybills issued.
- Ensure Weekly stock reports are shared, and monthly physical stock count conducted and subsequently, any variances explained.
- Ensure compliance to Medical Teams International and Donor approved disposal procedures of assets and goods.
- Ensure efficient fleet management, including vehicle allocation, fuel management, and providing adequate monthly fuel reports.
- Ensure compliance to vehicle safety requirements in compliance with Medical Teams International safety standards.
- Work with management and HQ Logistics to ensure that program activities are supported by providing owned, rented vehicles and transporters as required.
Facilities, Asset and Equipment Management
- Identify & settle premises (offices, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational, security, and financial criteria, in close liaison with Team Lead
- Ensure efficient asset management with an updated filed asset register filed in Teams.
- Responsible for managing day-to-day communications equipment and associated SIM cards
- Liaise with management to ensure the safe and smooth equipment management required to support program delivery and management of facilities.
- Ensure that the IT systems and hardware are up to date and secure.
Staff Management /Others
- Work with Field Coordinator in the improved logistics and procurement staff capacity around the implementation of group and individual work plans, performance plans and others in line with country and global strategies.
- Provide indirect technical guidance and instruction related to country operations, ensuring they have clear objectives, receive mentorship, and participate in capacity-building opportunities.
- Provide mentorship and documented capacity-building initiatives for staff involved in logistics and procurement and fleet.
- Support safety and security tasks as delegated, including updating security guidelines, security briefings, incident reporting, etc.
- Support construction and rehabilitation activities including clinic rehabilitations and office maintenance.
- Ensures safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Utilize volunteers when possible.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- Professional certification is preferable (CIPS, CILT, CPP, CPPM, CDPP, CPDW)
- Masters degree in related fields is desirable
- Minimum 5 years of procurement and logistics management experience, inclusive of at least 2 years of supervisor experience is required in the Ukraine context
- Experience of managing medical supply chain including pharmaceutical procurement and distribution
- Experience with specific Grant rules and regulations on Procurement, Asset & Inventory Management, and Disposals Procedures by donor such as (UNHCR, USAID, ECHO, Other UN Agencies, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience working with a busy and reputable business organization especially International NGO is preferred.
- Experience working in the humanitarian health emergency operating context.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of global supply chain management including procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, distribution, fleet management and asset management
- Demonstratable working knowledge of medical supply chain best practices
- Demonstrated understanding working knowledge of donor-specific logistics procedures and grant requirements
- Excellent knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices.
- Good understanding of financial and HR procedures.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian system and principles,
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Skilled in managing a budget
- Skilled in communication and leading a team
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- A good command of both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Skilled in mentoring, training, supportive supervision, and capacity building.
- Good level of technical skills in IT / Communications / construction or other desired.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and representative skills.
- Excellent skills of using Excel skills.
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security and appropriate use of assets
- Ability to adapt, multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to work within and motivate the team.
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MEDICAL TEAMS INTERNATIONAL Calling and adhere to the MEDICAL TEAMS INTERNATIONAL Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
The following information outlines typical benefits available for US-based, regular employees scheduled 30 hours or more per week. Actual benefits may be prorated for other than full-time work.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work schedule options
- Life insurance & AD&D
- Generous vacation time (20 days), sick leave (10 days), and 12 paid holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Plan
For a full description of our benefits, you can learn more here.
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn't load, please see all our current openings at medicalteams.org/career/
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: