Senior Translator/Reviser - Conference Division
- Organization: IMO - International Maritime Organization
- Location: London
- Grade: Mid level - P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
- Translations and Languages
- Conference Services
- Internal audit, Investigation and Inspection
- Scientist and Researcher
- Closing Date: 2023-06-06
- Translation and revision and self-revision of texts covering a wide range of technical, legal and administrative subjects from English and Spanish into French. Text may be intended for use in meeting documents or for publication.
- Review the translation work performed by freelance translators and revise their work as necessary.
- When the circumstances require, at the request of the Head, French Translation Section:
- organize and coordinate the work of French translators and monitor progress of such work in relation to an agreed schedule
- grade tests of candidates for employment, including prospective contractual translators, and provide staff evaluations for use in performance appraisals.
- Assist in the recruitment of translators.
- Carry out linguistic research and assist the Senior Reviser in compiling, developing and maintaining a uniform French maritime terminology suitable for translation of documentation issued by the Organization. This should be done taking into account the terminology in use in the organizations of the United Nations system.
- Take part in night shifts during meetings, as regularly as required, and travel on missions as necessary.
- Undertake other related duties as may be assigned.