Service Provision Supply Chain Planning & Analytics Specialist P3, SCOO - Rome, Italy
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, May 31, 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
The position is based in the Supply Chain Planning Unit in Rome, Italy and reports to the more senior Supply Chain Planning Officer
To provide specialist advice and operational support in supply chain, Analytics and Optimization to WFP Health Service Provision Operations to ensure an effective and integrated supply chain approach across the operations, coordinating specialized country data analytics teams and supporting Partners and Governments in achieving their mandate and better serve their beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Health Supply Chain Analytics & Optimization Expert will be responsible to support HLS Service Provision and Capacity Strengthening projects to the Health Sector in particular the initiatives in partnership with The Global Fund, WHO and TAKEDA. Specific responsibilities include the following:
Capacity Strengthening to Partners & Governments (Health Programs)
- Provide conceptual and operational support to promote integrated supply chain planning to all WFP HLS Health related projects, in particular, but not exclusively to the projects in CAR, Liberia, Angola, Ivory Coast, Guinea Conakry and Malawi.
- Support Ministries of Health (MoH), in particular National Health Programs of Malaria, TB and HIV to:
-Design Supply Chain Dashboards and advanced analytics products that can support operational decision making – leveraging WFP experience in this area
-Design SOPs and procedures for data sharing, analysis and decision making
-With the setup and facilitation of “data driven” supply chain working groups and coordination meetings, where decisions are backed up by “facts”
-Technical Training of MoH staff on the use of analytical products and tools
-Facilitate transfer of WFP and industry best supply chain planning practices
- Manage the data analytics resources that the projects might have on the ground, to ensure the implementation of data analytics solutions that can support the National Health Systems and enable informed decision making across the wide range of stakeholders involved in the above Health Operations.
- Support on overall project planning, monitoring and evaluation activities
Support to HLS Bilateral Service Provision Activities in the Health Sector:
- Identify and implement solutions to provide the required Supply Chain Visibility on WFP deliveries to requesting partners
- Identify and implement formal processes to enable an efficient joint transport planning between WFP and other operational stakeholders
- Design and implement Supply Chain Visibility and advanced analytics products that can support operational decision making and facilitate stakeholders coordination on the ground
Coordination, optimization, and innovation
- Ensure coordination between Country Teams and HQ HLS units such as Bilateral Service Provision, HS3, TSL and/or another relevant HQ units, for all data analytics and visibility related matters
- Continuously analyze the context of the different projects to identify synergies and drive continuous improvement and innovation initiatives analyzing best practices from the humanitarian and development fields, academia and private sector.
- Maintain a strong partnership with the MoHs and other health partners in all active projects/geographies, aiming to solidify further a critical relationship that will facilitate efficient and effective future collaboration – not only for WFP but for the wider humanitarian community in response to ongoing and future emergency response operations.
- Contribute to WFP’s global health supply chain initiatives as / when needs
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or Supply chain.
05 years or more of progressively responsible professional experience in;
- Supply Chain related industry including business analysis, process mapping, data extraction and analysis, and development of Supply Chain optimization tools
- Supply Chain Analytics to support National Public Health Systems (in particular for Malaria, TB and HIV Programs) is required
- Implementing joint projects with Governments in the African Continent, focused on capacity strengthening and building analytical capabilities in Government staff in the Health Sector
- Managing staff with related areas of expertise
Additional experience that will be highly valued:
- Supply network planning & Route optimization
- Performance Management and Risk evaluation for Supply Chain Operations
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP’s working language)
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Effective people management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed communication skills, with experience using both written and verbal presentations to influence outcomes
- Highly numerate with innate ability to analyse and interpret data quickly, and recommend improvements
- Knowledge of, and experience, extracting and managing data from different data sources and ERP systems (SAP, SAGE, LMIS, etc)
- Advanced use Data Integration and Visualization tools, in particular Palantir Foundry and Tableau
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite (or similar programs), particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word
- Problem solving skills, with knowledge of Supply Chain and industrial management
- Flexibility and ability to work with deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions
- Ability to work both individually and in a team as appropriate
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A Limited Fixed-Term Appointment (LFT) position is a non-mobile staff appointment in the international professional category for a limited period of up to 2 years.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile isaccurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at email@example.com in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: