M&E Specialist, Bahamas
Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
This M&E Specialist shall work with the M&E Coordinators, WHP, Posts, implementers, and all other relevant partners to determine the most effective and efficient data collection methodology for selected indicators and shall be in charge of collecting all data that originates from entities within the Bahamas. Data collection effort may include (but are not limited to), submitting data requests to host governments, partnering with NGOs or other government partners, researching open source data, working with private entities, or designing and implementing surveys, interviews, or statistical modeling.
This person shall become a subject matter expert in all INL/WHP programs in the Bahamas and coordinate with the D.C.-based team in order to ensure the measures being developed are as standardized as possible across the Region. They shall draft VDFs, PMDFs, data collection tools for selected indicators and work with their D.C.-based counterparts, implementers, and Post in order to determine how the data will be collected, displayed, and reported.
This person shall be called upon to design measures and collect the data for smaller and more local projects, which shall be done in coordination with the D.C.-based team and will help ensure workplans, implementer QRTs, and other strategic documents meet WHP requirements and standards. They shall respond to data calls and produce written and oral reports and presentations on Mexican
performance measures when requested.
This individual shall brief decision-makers when requested and will ensure continuity of operations by guaranteeing the transfer of all data, standard operating procedures, and knowledge are transferred to the appropriate staff upon completion of the contract. This individual shall oversee collecting all performance measure data in the Bahamas in compliance with the INL/WHP reporting cycle.
This position shall ensure all data, knowledge, documents, and systems are properly turned over to their INL/ WHP-Post counterpart(s) and that those counterpart(s) are adequately trained on all indicators, data collection methods, and sources in order to ensure their counterpart(s) are able to continue collection and reporting.
This will be a full-time (defined as at least 40-hour work week) for one (1) year with four (4) option years. This position is open to U.S. Citizens, Third Country Nationals, or Local Nationals. This position may ultimately be based in a U.S. Embassy facility; however, the contractor shall provide an office space and equipment for the M&E specialist in or near Nassau until they are able to transition to Embassy facilities, which is dependent on the individual’s ability to obtain and hold either a MRPT certification or RSO vetting approval as well as the availability of space in Embassy facilities. If the M&E Specialist is unable to transition into Embassy Facilities for any reason, the contractor shall provide an office space and equipment until the end of the contract. All in-country personnel will follow Embassy hours of operation.
- At least three (3) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, foreign assistance, and/or
- U.S. Citizen, Third Country National, or Local National
- Ability to obtain MRPT certification (if U. S. Citizen or Third Country National)
- Ability to obtain successful RSO vetting approval, if Local National
- At least two (2) years of experience with data collection and management
- Proven ability to deliver a quality written product and presentations in English
- Be based in Nassau and able to attend regular meetings at the U.S. Embassy and other INL/WHP partners in Nassau
- High level of knowledge of Bahamian laws, customs, current events, and governmental institutions
- Experience in a customer-facing position, with the ability to interact with government officials
- Ability to travel to D.C. or other places within the Bahamas
- Ability and experience presenting results in presentations and written reports
- A moderate level of experience and competency with data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Knowledge or experience with international narcotics, justice sector, or law enforcement-related programs
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Master’s Degree or two (2) years of post-graduate education
- Experience with technical writing or report production
- Experience supporting the Government Accountability Office, Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of State,
- Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other similar business intelligence software
- High level of competency with statistical analysis and statistical programs such as SPSS or STATA
- Experience supporting non-governmental organizations or U.S. Government agencies abroad.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: