LOGISTICS OFFICER, P3
The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all peacekeeping and special political missions around the world as well as to other UN Offices, Agencies Funds and Programs.
This position is located in the Global Material Life Cycle Management team (GMLCM), Delivery and Return Section (DRS), Supply Chain Service at the United Nations Global Service Centre, Brindisi, Italy.
The Logistics Officer is under the general supervision of the Team Lead, GMLCM.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Coordinates and provides logistics support related to surface transport matters to mission start-up/transition and liquidation.
• Performs Global Asset Management functions for surface transport assets and provide recommendations to field missions on the most effective sourcing options for surface transport assets, such as Strategic Deployment Stock (SDS), United Nations Reserve (UNR), Return – Refurbish – Reuse (3R) and United Nations Surplus (UNS).
• Provides support for the Global Spare Parts Management.
• Manages the replenishment of transport assets of Strategic Deployment Stocks (SDS) and review of transport related asset composition(s).
• Drafts and coordinates logistics plans and other documents supporting the implementation of logistics operations, as directed by team lead or Section Chief.
• Drafts and coordinates inputs to logistics reports, presentations, briefing notes, and other information documents required by the management, including inputs required by the UNHQ.
• Liaises and coordinates logistics support with other units within and outside the UNGSC, including client entities and UNHQ.
• Ensures timely, accountable and cost-effective intermission asset transfers.
• Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
• Ensures that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs.
• Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in logistics, business administration, public administration, engineering or other relevant field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job - Specific Qualification
Certification in SCOR-P is desirable.
Professional certification in project management (PRINCE 2 or equivalent) is desirable.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in surface and /or air transport, logistics operations in military, commercial or international organizations, or related area is required.
Experience in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is required.
Experience in Asset Management of surface transport commodities is desirable.
Experience in fleet and spare part management is desirable.
Experience in preparing written reports for senior management concerning provision of logistics support is desirable.
Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: