Management Accountability Analyst, RMDR
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2023-06-05
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title: Management Accountability Analyst
Type of Contract: Regular Consultant (Level I)
Division: Risk Management Division (RMD), Risk and Accountability Branch (RMDR), Assurance and Internal Control Support Unit
Duty Station (City, Country): Rome, Italy
Duration: 11 months
Established in September 2017, the Risk Management Division (RMD) aims to strengthen, embed and achieve continuous improvements in risk management, internal control and compliance, oversight reporting, anti-fraud & anti-corruption (AFAC) measures and donor review management throughout WFP, and organizational learning in these areas, in line with Internal Control Framework (approved by the Executive Director in 2015), WFP’s 2018 Enterprise Risk Management Policy, 2018 Oversight Framework and 2021 Revised Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption Policy. RMD also provides functional leadership to a network of Risk Officers located in regional bureaux (RBx) and higher risk country offices (COs) and AFAC Specialists located in RBx.
As part of the division’s portfolio, the Risk and Accountability Branch (RMDR) serves as a steward for risk management and internal controls, providing guidance and training to colleagues at all levels, as well as consolidating evidence-based analysis and reporting on risk management, internal controls and oversight findings.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The consultant will support the Assurance and Internal Control Support Unit to develop guidance on internal control-related matters and roll out a key organizational governance processes. The consultant will also conduct analysis of survey results, oversight reports and other sources of evidence to prepare governing body reports, briefings and presentations on significant risk and control issues. The consultant will report to a Management Accountability Officer or Analyst.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive, within delegated authority):
Coordinate internal control and assurance activities as follows:
- Support the global roll-out of WFP’s annual assurance process (the Executive Director’s Assurance Exercise) through survey design and configuration, preparation of guidance material and webinars, liaising with senior management participants, etc.
- Carry out qualitative and quantitative analysis of survey results to identify key risk and control issues that merit escalation to executive management attention and prepare data sets, summaries, briefings and presentations on findings.
- Conduct ongoing research of internal and external oversight reports, updates from functional and operational management and other sources of evidence to monitor corporate progress on key risk and control issues.
- Draft high-quality reports for WFP governing bodies and senior management, including the Executive Director’s Statement on Internal Control presented to the Executive Board.
- Initiate consultations on significant risk and control matters with relevant operational and functional management as well as WFP’s internal and external oversight entities.
- Develop and coordinate guidance on internal control-related matters for WFP personnel including e-learnings, manuals, self-assessment checklists and other guidance material.
- Provide technical advisory services to WFP divisions and country offices, including review of draft policies and guidance.
- Support ongoing system development/management and data analytics (e.g., using Tableau) in WFP’s Risk and Recommendation Tracking tool (R2).
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in writing published reports for senior and/or external audiences;
- Excellent skills in research and analysis, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, data management and visualizations;
- Experience in leading training sessions and developing training material;
- Professional and diplomatic with experience in liaising with senior management audiences and coordinating cross-functional coordination;
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use IT systems to meet business needs;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Desirable: Experience in IT system management and Tableau. Experience in risk analysis and recommending effective internal controls. Relevant experience in the UN system with knowledge of UN/WFP governance, organizational structures and strategies.
Advanced university degree in business/public administration, finance, economics, international development, audit or other relevant field.
Minimum three years of relevant experience in policy and risk analysis, research and evaluation, data management and analytics, training and capacity building
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org
Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 28 May 2023
Please note that the deadline is at 11:59 pm Rome time (GMT + 1)
Ref.: VA No. 827073
Kindly note the only documents you need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter. Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.