- Organization: Jhpiego
- Location: Manila
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date:
- Job ID
- International Positions
- Employment Status
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems, and improving delivery of care.
The Project Officer shall provide high-quality administrative project management to ensure that project targets and objectives are met in relation to the activities. Responsible for tracking progress and activity budgets based on the project work and financial plans. Responsible for reviewing activity and quarterly reports and writing semi-annual, annual, and project reports as required by the donor and prime partner. Manage the project’s payments, contracts, procurement, travel requests in coordination with the Finance, HR and KM and externally with the local counterparts. Work closely with the Country Program Manager to analyze risks and manage issues as/if they arise.
- Lead implementation of Jhpiego’s Sexual Health and Empowerment Project;
- Work in close coordination with the Country Program Manager, Specialists, Regional Coordinators, M&E and Learning Officer to ensure quality implementation of the project. This includes the development of work plans, liaising with partners (MHO, PHO, DOH and LGUs) and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Assist the administrative and finance staff to prepare; financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities. Also assist finance staff to review process and reconcile payment documentation from trainers and consultants.
- Reviews activity and quarterly reports by the Regional Coordinators
- Write reports ( Semi Annual, Annual, Project reports as required by donor and Oxfam)
- Help research, write and compile program information and statistics;
- Ensure that required technical and administrative reports are submitted in a timely way;
- Assist with organization of meetings, field visits, and other activities;
- Assist with other programmatic, administrative and reception duties as required;
- Performs other duties as necessary and as assigned by immediate supervisor;
- 6 to 7 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience required
- Medical, nursing, public health or other healthcare degree, with advance studies relevant to Adolescent Health/ Gender/ Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Experiences in project development and management with international development organizations, is preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience in SRH, Gender, AY, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health Program implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of the Philippines health care system, Universal Health Care, and the Local Health Care System under LGC of 1991
- Experience working in Government or Donor funded programs
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Has sensitivity and understanding of the beneficiary population
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.