HR Internship (2023) - WFP Regional Office in Cairo
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: Internship - Internship
- Human Resources
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: Closed
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict, and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 100 million people with food assistance in 88 countries each year. The organization has a global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
WHY WORK AT WFP
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about WFP; the 2020 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE LAUREATE!!
Follow @WFP_Careers on Twitter
WHAT WE OFFER
You will learn about WFP and its culture through real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience, you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday.
Clear responsibilities as of day 1:
You will have clear job responsibilities and live the experience of being a WFP employee.
Continuous mentoring and coaching:
You will work with professional teams and receive formal training and ongoing coaching.
You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable. The organization is committed to transforming the HR function into a strategic business partner. To achieve this, new HR initiatives have been launched and WFP is searching for outstanding Interns to join the team and contribute to these exciting HR projects. As part of the HR team, the interns will contribute and assist in developing and coordinating world-class programs and solutions in diversified HR areas like employer branding, HR operations, onboarding, gender parity, people development, reward and recognition, among others.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University student, preferably in Human Resources Management or/and with a great interest in Human Resources practices. (currently studying or graduated in the last 6 months)
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ preferably in Human Resources Management or/and with a great interest for Human Resources practices.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English and, ideally, in an additional UN language
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Desire to learn about and develop key skills in the field of HR, and more specifically, in HR projects and HR processes.
- Flexible work style and approach based on client needs.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people from different backgrounds
- Team player and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; high attention to details.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way.
- Technology savvy; ability to think out-of-the box and to come up with innovative ideas.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, particularly of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in oral and written English and, ideally, in an additional UN language.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support with the administration of day-to-day HR team’s operations like responding to staff members’ queries, running HR processes, maintaining and updating internal information websites.
- Assist in the design and the development of diverse new HR projects in the field of employer-branding, university relationships, onboarding, learning and development programs, talent management, and others.
- Support the HR team members in implementing HR solutions, helping, tracking project progress according to the timeline.
- Coordinate and assist with the planning and execution of HR programs and events.
- In support of the HR team, track and report the HR activities of the team. Conduct data analyses to measure the effectiveness of HR operations and solutions and suggest some process efficiencies.
- Help communicate learning information to stakeholders, external vendors, and/or client groups.
- Other tasks and duties are based on operational requirements and interests of the selected candidate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel tickets for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
JOB TITLE: HR Intern (4 OPENINGS). 4 vacancies in the Regional Office, Cairo.
TYPE AND LEVEL OF CONTRACT: Intern
DUTY STATION: Cairo, Egypt
DURATION & START DATE: 8 months
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 30 May 2023
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and
encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information,
gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: