Partnerships Senior Officer - Liaison
Home Based - May require travel
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Remote | Home Based - May require travel
- Grade: Junior level - LICA-9, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: Closed
Job categories Partnerships
Vacancy code VA/2023/B5010/26045
Department/office ECR, AUMCO, Austria
Duty station Home-based, Azerbaijan
Contract type Local ICA Specialist
Contract level LICA Specialist-9
Duration Up to 150 working days within 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funds
Application period 15-May-2023 to 02-Jun-2023
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
The Partnerships Senior Officer will assist the AUMCO management team (and relevant BD consultants, as applicable) and provide a range of government relations services to ensure rapid and compliant delivery of all aspects of the AUMCO operations in the areas of responsibilities, in coordination with AUMCO’s Business Development Cluster, procurement, administration, HR and finance teams.
1. Key functions:
- Support UNOPS in establishing and maintaining relations with Azerbaijan's government entities through continuous networking and communications to identify and pursue business opportunities within UNOPS thematic scope initiating the necessary arrangements;
- Provide linkages between AUMCO and various government stakeholders (DPMs, Ministers, DMs, Governors and Department Heads) paying close attention to all related protocols;
- Maintain relations with relevant government institutions and authorities;
- Assist the supervisor and other AUMCO staff missions in organizing meetings and engagements with various government stakeholders, and during meetings, follow-ups, and negotiations with donors, government and other partners and clients to achieve the most cost-effective and mutually beneficial terms for UNOPS engagements with prospective clients and partners;
- Support project teams to respond and resolve any incidents and other events that may affect projects’ implementation;
- Proactively solve conflicts and address issues and misunderstandings that could occur between UNOPS and the Government’s staff and local authorities.
2. Partnerships development and communications:
- Support UNOPS in developing relations with Azerbaijan based clients, non-governmental actors, IFIs’ and other donors’ in-country offices through ongoing interactions to acquire business opportunities within UNOPS thematic scope;
- Support UNOPS efforts in developing business opportunities with potential partners, using existing information and materials, as well as inputs from and relevant to substantive discussions between UNOPS and partners;
- Collect, analyze and keep abreast of humanitarian and development trends and needs in Azerbaijan to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS’ mandate;
- Analyze markets for business development intelligence and opportunities (facilitate assessments of partner needs, UNOPS comparative advantages, and partner survey analysis, among others);
- Contribute to the sector review and gap analysis for the potential areas of engagement based on meetings and consultations with representatives of the government, non-governmental organizations, private sector, and civil society organizations as well as through review and analysis of existing reports and publications;
- Support AUMCO in promoting high visibility of UNOPS’ activities in Azerbaijan including the development and distribution of marketing, communication, and partner relationship management materials.
- Interact actively with all existing and potential new partners and clients to follow-up on meetings, decisions, and commitments as well as to solicit feedback and gauge client satisfaction;
- Provide UNOPS activities and projects overview to government stakeholders.
3. Other general responsibilities:
- Ensure facilitation and promotion of knowledge building and knowledge sharing among colleagues;
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between UNOPS and the line Ministries and government institutions within Azerbaijan.
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor to support UNOPS AUMCO’s outreach and business development activities in Azerbaijan and other Central Asian countries, if required.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications, International Relations, Law, Political Science or related fields is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a related role or working with the government in Azerbaijan is required, international experience is a distinct advantage.
- Strong networks in Azerbaijan and other Central Asian countries desired.
- Good knowledge and understanding of government settings/functions at both national, state and county level is an asset.
- Familiarity with healthcare, infrastructure and/or public procurement sectors is desirable.
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial partnerships with key government stakeholders is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full working knowledge of English and Azerbaijani are essential.
- Fluency in one or more additional official UN languages is an advantage.
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: