Manager, External Relations
- Organization: LMH - Last Mile Health
- Grade: Senior level - Experienced
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
This role was posted on May 16, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Are you a skilled project manager with a passion for crafting compelling content for external audiences? If so, you may be the next Manager, External Relations at Last Mile Health.
Reporting to the Director of External Relations, the Manager will serve as a critical member of the Partnerships & Communications team and will be responsible for managing Last Mile Health’s external engagements, including speaking and media opportunities. This individual will project manage Last Mile Health’s engagement with major convenings, such as the United Nations General Assembly and World Health Assembly. The Manager, External Relations will also craft compelling content, including talking points, outreach emails, social media posts, and website updates.
This role is open to candidates located and authorized to work in Accra, Ghana.
What you'll do
Manage speaking engagements and media opportunities
Vet and manage all speaking opportunities and develop talking points.
- Vet inbound speaking inquiries for strategic value and alignment.
- Support Last Mile Health representatives with needed content for speaking engagements.
- Track analytics to ensure diverse representation at speaking engagements.
Vet and manage all media inquiries and support media outreach.
- Vet inbound media inquiries for strategic value and alignment.
- Support Last Mile Health representatives to participate in interviews or provide comment.
- Collaborate with the Director of External Relations to pitch media and maintain relationships with journalists.
Project manage Last Mile Health’s engagement at conferences and large-scale events
- Track convenings of strategic value to Last Mile Health and associated deadlines for speaking proposals, etc., and provide recommendations to the team on how to prioritize.
- Project manage LMH’s engagement in major convenings, such as the United Nations General Assembly and the World Health Assembly; engage cross-team representatives to identify and execute objectives and tactics; and coordinate internal communications and project management tools
- In partnership with the Director of External Relations, identify priority communications objectives and tactics during convenings to elevate LMH’s unique value proposition and strengthen our brand.
- Track peer organization engagement for opportunities to participate in events, along the sidelines of major convenings or otherwise
Develop compelling content
Manage Last Mile Health’s email outreach, including:
- Quarterly newsletters
- Email marketing content for events and fundraising outreach
- Analytics to improve reach and engagement over time
- Craft social media content that is aligned with external engagements and key advocacy messages.
- Contribute content to LMH quarterly reports, op-eds, blogs, website, and annual impact narrative, as needed.
Contribute to team systems
- Maintain the external engagements tracker, media archive, and LMH news webpage.
- Compile monthly media updates for the Last Mile Health team.
- Contribute to the teamwork plan and regular team meetings.
What you'll bring
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Several years in a communications or PR role, with direct experience managing external engagements (speaking roles and/or media)
- Strong project management skills, including experience managing cross-team representatives toward a common goal and tracking concurrent projects and deadlines
- Content development experience, including translating complex materials into concise content that is engaging for a wide range of audiences
- Fluency with major social media channels and digital marketing campaigns
You’ll impress us if you have
- Media engagement experience, including pitching and maintaining relationships with journalists
- Experience working internationally with diverse teams across time zones and cultural norms
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The band for this position: GHA 3
ForGhana, the range is $22,260 - $42,046 USD dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role. Please note that compensation is subject to Ghana taxes.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.