Programme Assistant (SBCC) - SC5, Quetta
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-29
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Social Behaviour Change Communication)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Salary: Starting at PKR 160,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Quetta
Vacancy Number: 827055
Date of Publication: 16 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 29 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Work with the program team to develop and implement a comprehensive contextualized SBCC approach that aligns with project objectives and is culturally appropriate.
2. Improve SBCC implementation at the Benazir Nashonuma Program Facilitation Centres
3. Form mother and father support groups and revitalize the BISP Beneficiary Committees (BBCs) to promote awareness about nutrition, health, and hygiene.
4. Conduct awareness sessions with mother and father support groups to increase knowledge about nutrition, health, and hygiene.
5. Conduct awareness sessions with BBCs to increase knowledge about nutrition, health, and hygiene and enable/ motivate them to further disseminate awareness messages / available health and nutrition services available under the BISP umbrella programme, facilitate meaningful participation of BISP beneficiaries in programme activities, as well as their participation in the improvement of social protection services
6. Liaise with partner organizations' social mobilization teams to ensure awareness sessions are conducted properly.
7. Develop tools and materials for social mobilizers to utilize in the awareness sessions in the community to promote awareness regarding nutrition, health, and hygiene.
8. Keep record of the awareness sessions to monitor progress and evaluate impact.
9. Facilitate meetings and trainings with partner organizations' social mobilization teams to build their capacity in implementing SBCC activities.
10. Conduct field visits to monitor the implementation of SBCC activities and provide technical assistance to social mobilizers as needed.
11. Analyze data collected from awareness sessions and provide regular reports to the project team to inform decision-making and program adaptation.
12. Coordinate with other project staff and stakeholders to ensure that SBCC activities are integrated into other project components.
13. Ensure that all SBCC materials and activities comply with ethical standards and safeguarding policies.
14. Represent the project at meetings, workshops, and other events as required.
15. Continuously update knowledge and skills related to SBCC through participation in relevant training and professional development opportunities
16. Address any issues and challenges related to SBCC that arise during the implementation of the program.
17. Report back to the head of Nutrition regarding progress, challenges, and outcomes related to SBCC.
18. Any other tasks assigned by the Provincial Head of Office or Programm Policy Officer Nutrition.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: University degree in health education, public health, social sciences or related field. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in programme related activities with 3 years experience in implementing SBCC programs, preferably in community settings within Balochistan. Knowledge of behavior change theories and models.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with partners, stakeholders, and community members.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and other related to database management.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
This job is based in Balochistan Provincial Office (Quetta). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer Nutrition or the designate.
The Program Assistant for SBCC will be responsible for carrying out various activities related to social behaviour change communication at Facilitation Centres and community levels. The overall objective is to improve health and nutrition behaviors among the communities, at large.