Communications Assistant - Peru
- Organization: IDEA - International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Location: Lima
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2023-06-04
The situation of social and political convulsion in which Peru currently finds itself is a result of the worsening of the crisis of representation that the country has been going through for more than a decade. A context in which a large sector of the population considers that their authorities and representatives do not hear them and do not contribute to resolving their most immediate demands and concerns. In a context of violence and polarization, the bridges of social and political communication have been broken. Getting politicians from different ideological positions to talk to each other is challenging, and it is impossible to achieve dialogue between citizens and politicians.
International IDEA will implement a project to support political and social actors develop an inclusive political dialogue that allows a peaceful approach to the political crisis in Peru. To this end, dialogue tables will be organized between leaders of various sectors of civil society in more than 10 regions of the country and then between these actors and political leaders. The project will involve organizations of entrepreneurs, workers, indigenous peoples, Afro-descendants, churches and political parties.
The Communications Assistant supports the production of content in Spanish and English, and supports the effective coordination between project partners, ensuring branding of activities as per the branding and marketing plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the creation, planning and organization of innovative activities (artistic activities, stage activities and workshops) to promote spaces for dialogue and promote the political participation of young people and activists;
- Supports the organization of webinars, virtual meetings and other events with partner organizations;
- Coordinates with partners on joint activities, ensuring the use of relevant logos as per the branding and marketing plan;
- Supports the production of communication materials, including graphic, basic photography, audiovisual, written resources and merchandising for different activities including institutional events; Liaises with external suppliers as necessary
- Supports the production of web articles, newspaper articles and press releases in Spanish and English;
- Supports the planning and creation of social media content (reels, photographs and announcements) based on project activities;
- Regularly attends programme team meetings to stay well-informed about planned activities, upcoming events and campaigns; Assists with the identification of key counterparts across programme teams to facilitate information sharing;
- Reviews and filters media monitoring reports to ensure accuracy;
- Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or work experience.
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Acts in accordance with International IDEA’ s Core Values: Respect, Integrity and Professionalism.
- Integrates a gender and inclusion perspective in all activities.
- Head of Programme, Peru
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required; university background is considered an advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in communication consultancy, communications offices or in media, supporting the production of content;
- Experience of working in a nonprofit organization, considered an advantage.
Terms of Contract:
- Local Post.
- Start date - 01 July 2023.
- Fixed term appointment until 31 December 2024.
- Remuneration - PEN 10,613 gross per month
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Peru for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
Applying for this position:
- Applications should be submitted online no later than 23:59 (CEST) 04 June 2023.
- Please note that all applications must be made in English.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a written test assessment and up to two (2) interviews.
- Candidates selected to proceed to the next stage of the process will be contacted once all applications have been carefully reviewed.
- All candidates will be notified on the status of their application via email once the process has been finalized.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.