Receptionist/Administration Assistant (UN Premises - Buka, ARoB)
buka - bougainville
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: buka - bougainville
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: Closed
Under the guidance and supervision of the Common Premises Manager, the Receptionist provides telephone communication and general reception and information services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Receptionist promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Receptionist works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations staff and other UN agencies staff in UN House to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery
- Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services.
- Supporting facility upkeep and liaison with the various trades for repair and maintennace
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
i. Ensure the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN/UNDP.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Weekly check and test of all lines
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage.
- Assistance in the preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the administrative services provided by UNDP to other agencies if requested.
ii. Ensure the most updated UN staff and other contacts information, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and update of UN staff information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate.
- Update of the UN House telephone list and UN Directory, Addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and NGOs and other important contacts.
iii. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
iv. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters focusing on the achievement of the following results (5%):
- Advice to Project staff on UNDP administrative and NEX reporting, in particular, on budgetary issues.
- Organization/conduct of training for the Operations/Project/Programme Staff on financial management and RBM.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme and programme finance.
Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
|Min. Academic Education||
|Min. years of relevant Work experience||
|Required skills and competencies||
|Required Language(s) (at working level)||Fluency in English and Tok pisin|
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: