Senior Specialist, Curricular Transformation (International Position)
The OEC: The Organisation of Educational Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
The main functions of the Department of SEED are, accordingly, to:
- Provide Technical support, from a systematic perspective, in order to build balanced and inclusive educational systems
- Provide technical support and institutional capacity building in the areas of systemic governance, curricula, teacher training and assessments
- Host and administer the OEC Institute for Training
Under the overall authority of the Secretary General, guidance of USG, SEED and the direct supervision of the chief of Section Curriculum, Assessment and Teacher Training, the Specialist, Curriculum development & Reform would be responsible for closely working with the larger team and the members states on the aspects of curriculum review and transformation to ensure that elements of BIE are integrated and adequately reflected into the curriculum across educational levels.
- Develop modules to build the capacity of key officials on curriculum review and transformation;
- Provide input into the diagnostic tool for member states to review their existing curriculum frameworks, modules, and associated documents;
- Identify gaps and areas of assessment by examining the depth and extent of integration of the four key pillars of BIE;
- Work with officials/specialists in member states to design and develop transformative curricular frameworks that reflect the spirit of BIE;
- Identify and compile relevant knowledge/expertise around assessment to contribute to curriculum reform processes and systems in the countries of the Global South.
- Strong and proven experience in curricular aspects, including frameworks, designing, and development;
- Demonstrated experience in working with stakeholders in the curricular space, such as training and curriculum development institutes;
- Excellent and proven experience in developing tools, techniques, and process guidelines for curricular reform and revision;
- Familiarity with and experience in working in the area of mother tongue education;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to create clear, concise, and executable work plans;
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to put them into action;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- At least 5 years of progressive work experience in the area of curriculum building & reform processes, research and education in a reputed National – International entity/ institute;
- At least 5 years of work experience around supporting National Institutions in countries on curricular review and reform processes;
- At least 5 years of experience in building tools, techniques, process guidelines around the review and development of curriculum at various states / levels of education;
- Master’s degree (or higher) in curricular design and development, Mother Tongue education or related pedagogically oriented field;
- At least 4 years of experience in work specifically to improve education programming directed to rural, ethno-linguistic underserved populations;
- Demonstrated experience in developing transformative curricular frameworks, text book and teaching learning material, modules and manuals etc…in one or more Mother Tongues and in English as a Second Language.
Candidate must at fluent in English and French; Additional knowledge of one or more other official languages (Arabic, Spanish) will be treated as an asset.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to:
- Subject: Job Title
This position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and open to international applicants. (Applications South America and Asia Pacific highly encouraged).
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: