Senior Specialist, Educational Pedagogy & Training (International Position)
The OEC: The Organisation of Educational Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
The main functions of the Department of SEED are, accordingly, to:
- Provide Technical support, from a systematic perspective, in order to build balanced and inclusive educational systems
- Provide technical support and institutional capacity building in the areas of systemic governance, curricula, teacher training and assessments
- Host and administer the OEC Institute of Training
Under the overall authority of the Secretary General, guidance of USG, SEED and the direct supervision of the Chief of Section Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment, the Specialist, Educational Pedagogy & Training would be responsible for closely working with the larger team on developing diagnostic tool as well as modules for training of key officials of member states around the area of pedagogy and training.
- Development of modules for training key officials in pedagogy and training;
- Develop a pedagogical framework based on the global guide and UDBIE for training key officials in member states;
- Contribute to the development of a diagnostic tool, techniques, and processes to assess the training systems and pedagogy in member states, identifying gaps and areas for improvement;
- Support and build the capacity of education officials and teacher training institutions in member states to review the effectiveness of their existing training systems and pedagogy, including modules, manuals, and guidelines to examine the depth and extent of integration of the four key pillars of BIE;
- Identify and collate relevant knowledge and expertise around pedagogy to contribute to pedagogic transformation in countries of the Global South.
- Strong and proven experience in teacher training and capacity building in both pre- and in-service environments, including designing and executing such programs;
- Demonstrated experience in working with stakeholders in the teacher training space;
- Excellent proven experience in developing tools, techniques, process guidelines, manuals, and frameworks around teacher preparation and development;
- Excellent oral and strong written communication skills;
- Ability to draw clear, concise, and executable work plans;
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and ability to put them into action;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- At least 5 years of direct work experience in the area of teacher preparation and development in a reputed National – International entity/ institute;
- At least 5 years of work experience around supporting National Institutions in countries on teacher training and development processes and system;
- At least 5 years of experience in building tools, techniques, process guidelines around the review and development of teacher training and systems at various states / levels of education;
- Master’s degree (or higher) in educational pedagogy and training;
- Proven experience developing effective teacher professional development materials for reading and writing instruction in one or more Mother Tongues and in English as a Second Language.
Candidate must at least be fluent in English and French; Additional knowledge of one or more other official languages (Arabic, Spanish) will be treated as an asset.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to:
- Subject: Job Title
This position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and open to international applicants. (Applications South America and Asia Pacific highly encouraged).
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.