Driver and Logistics Assistant - Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone will hold its fifth consecutive democratic elections since the end of the civil war, in June 2023. International IDEA is designing a 3-year donor funded programme to support the electoral process in Sierra Leone. The project aims to support democracy institutions and civil society (including the media) in Sierra Leone towards the credible and peaceful conduct of the 2023 elections and provide support to reform processes in the years after the elections to contribute to further consolidation of democratic gains in Sierra Leone’s transition trajectory.
The programme will support the active and inclusive participation of traditionally marginalised persons in electoral and political processes; strengthen the capacity of the election management bodies (EMBs) in Sierra Leone to conduct credible and inclusive elections in 2023 and beyond; improve the capacity of the EMBs and relevant civil society organisations capacities to contribute to resolving election disputes; and enhance stakeholder capacity for electoral and legal reforms beyond 2023.
The Driver and Logistics Assistant provides driving and logistical support, assists with the preparation of correspondence, bill payments and other office errands for the Sierra Leone Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out driving missions as assigned; Ensures passenger safety and adherence to traffic rules and regulations;
- Takes responsibility for the maintenance of the vehicle;
- Ensures all relevant paperwork including vehicle registration and insurance documentation is up to date;
- Follows up with relevant Government Ministries for the approval of exemption and regulatory documents, issuance of motor vehicle number plates and logbooks and other official documentation as necessary;
- Maintains all applicable vehicle and driver records in line with established time and reporting requirements;
- Regularly checks and collects post, and assists in delivering messages and parcels to and from local authorities and government offices;
- Arranges schedules for the purchase of items for the office, payment of the utilities and deposits cash for the office;
- Contributes to the distribution of incoming mail and newspapers throughout the office;
- Assists in meeting preparation, including physical setting-up of meeting rooms.
- Possesses and has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or work experience;
- Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Acts in accordance with International IDEA’ s core values: Respect, Integrity and Professionalism;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities
- Head of Programme – Sierra Leone
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience within a similar role, in the provision of driver services with a safe driving record is required;
- Valid driving license Category B, (Car, Jeep, Delivery Van) is essential;
- Military or security background is an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, NGO or security company or diplomatic service would be considered an added advantage;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Creole/Krio is required.
Terms of Contract:
- Local Post.
- Fixed term appointment with an end date of 30 September 2024.
- Remuneration - Gross Salary of 5,996 Sierra Leonean Leone per month.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Sierra Leone for the duration of the contract. International IDEA is not able to support work permit applications.
Applying for this position:
- Applications should be submitted online no later than 23:59 (CEST) 08 June 2023.
- Please note that all applications must be made in English.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a written test assessment and up to two (2) interviews.
- Candidates selected to proceed to the next stage of the process will be contacted once all applications have been carefully reviewed.
- All candidates will be notified on the status of their application via email once the process has been finalized.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: