State Program Manager- Ranchi
State Program Manager- Ranchi
- Job ID
- Employment Status
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. We partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Through our partnerships, we are revolutionizing health care for the world’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, and pre-service nursing and midwifery education. These projects are funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), and others.
Jhpiego is hiring for the position of State Program Manager for its comprehensive primary healthcare strengthening project - NISHTHA based at Ranchi, Jharkhand. The position will work with Jhpiego India CPHC program staff to ensure timely operationalization of health and wellness centers as per the program work plan in Jharkhand.
This position requires technical expertise, public health experience, strong coordination skills, understanding of Indian public health system and ability to develop positive, professional working relationships with various government counterparts and other development partners. This position will report to Deputy Chief of Party - NISHTHA.
- Lead implementation of Comprehensive Primary Healthcare project in the state of Jharkhand.
- Provide technical assistance to state government for operationalization of Health & Wellness centres in the state.
- Establish an innovative ecosystem for co-designing, incubating and testing local solutions to address key intractable barriers that impede the delivery of CPHC in the states. Lead implementation and scale up of innovative solutions
- Provide technical assistance to state government for mainstreaming RMNCH+A, integration of tuberculosis services, roll out of school health & wellness program
- Provide leadership and programmatic guidance to Jhpiego field-based teams in the state of Jharkhand.
- Manage and support implementation of the annual work plans by assisting in designing, tracking and providing support to the implementation and monitoring of program activities.
- Work closely with state team lead to develop roadmap, operational plans and financial proposals under NHM/state PIPs, XV-FC, PM-ABHIM for strengthening CPHC in the state in line with GoI guidance.
- Meet regularly with Government/NHM officials and Health Department staff for smooth project management and respond in a timely manner to requests for meetings and reports.
- Work with MER team for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans and academic publishing based on the program implementation.
- Ensure state, donor and headquarter reporting needs are met in a timely manner.
- Facilitate project activities including workshop planning and logistics management.
- Coordinate and collaborate with JHPIEGO staff and consultants for effective program implementation as well as liaise with other partners working in CPHC and RMNCH+A domains.
- Represent the organization at the appropriate forums as and when required.
- Travel within the state or national level as per the project and organizational requirements.
- Support documentation of project results, successes, challenges and lessons learned.
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to lead a diverse technical team.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations including government counterparts.
- Ability to work within an international program team and communicate regularly with a variety of team members in multiple locations.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and work under multicultural environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi and regional languages
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as training materials and reports.
- Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40 % of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
- MBBS/BDS/AYUSH/Nursing with a preferred post-graduate training in public health (MPH/PGDPH/MD(Preventive & Social Medicine /Community Medicine)/ Post graduate diploma in health management)
- 8-10 years of experience working with government and other counterparts
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Technical knowledge and field experience in public health programs.
- Familiarity with the Indian health system, newer initiatives in health sector including NHM, Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness Centers (HWCs), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) School Health and Wellness Program (SHWP) and relevant government policies/ strategies
- Experience and demonstrated ability working on donor projects including experience in developing and managing programs and budgets.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment. Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR