- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dushanbe
- Grade: Consultancy - National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: Closed
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development; human rights; as well as humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States' priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Through its programmes and projects, UN Women is providing technical assistance to national partners (governmental and non-governmental) in the implementation of existing international and national commitments to women’s rights and gender equality, it facilitates networking and exchange of good practices and advocates for women’s rights and gender equality in all areas of life.
UN Women is the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. Its activity is aimed on work for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; women empowerment; the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development; human rights; as well as humanitarian actions, peace and security.
The UN Women supports the UN Member States in their efforts to meet international standards to achieve gender equality and works together with intergovernmental agencies and civil society to develop law, policies, programs and services to ensure effective implementation of these standards, and benefit women and girls across the world.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Assistant, the Administrative/Filing Clerk provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative/Filling Clerk promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative/ Filling Clerk works in close collaboration with the operations and programme staff and all personnel in programme office to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Assistant, the Administrative/Filing Clerk, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Open to assisting all members of the team/managers and communicating with managers to coordinate schedules.
- Organizes and sorts incoming mail and paperwork by recording/stamping and scanning incoming materials and submitting to HoA to determine how and where they should be classified or filed.
- Registers outgoing correspondence, keeps paper copies in the log and scanned copies – on the shared drive.
- Acts as the organizational receptionist and receive calls and guests.
- Assists in setting up appointments, scheduling meetings, distributing reports and managing the correspondence between the office and external bodies.
- Maintains and organizes meeting schedules and prepare minutes of the meetings.
- Maintains and updates filing, inventory, mailing, coping, and database systems.
- Regularly checks and maintains records of necessary office supplies.
- Communicates regularly with staff to help procure needed items.
- Assists project coordinators with projects as assigned, including provision of the support to organization of conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Keeps travel log and coordinates driver’s schedule.
- Operates office equipment including printers, copiers, fax machines and multimedia instruments.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Possesses the ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of technical area.
- Good organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to details;
- Analytical and research skills
- Experience in report writing.
- Experience working under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Computer literate (being able to use MS Windows, office applications, Internet search);
- Proven track record and experience in gender-related work, and in particular- on GBV and girl child rights.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in public policy, economics, business administration or a related field;
- 2 years of relevant responsible experience with administrative tasks specifically in filling systems.
- 2 years of experience in a gender project..
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Knowledge of languages:
- Knowledge of English, Tajik and Russian languages.
The application MUST include:
- Letter of Interest.
- Personal History Form (P-11 form) - including past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment a signed [scanned] copy should be submitted.
- Financial Proposal (with indicating a total lump sum amount for the tasks specified in this Terms of Reference, and estimated number of working days per month). The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum on a monthly basis.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: