HR Analyst - IPSA 8 (Home Based)
Home Based - May require travel
UNDP is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development System and serves as the integrator for collective action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNDP's policy work carried out at HQ, Regional and Country Office levels, forms a contiguous spectrum of deep local knowledge to cutting-edge global perspectives and advocacy. In this context, UNDP invests in the Global Policy Network (GPN), a network of field-based and global technical expertise across a wide range of knowledge domains and in support of the signature solutions and organizational capabilities envisioned in the Strategic Plan.
Within the GPN, the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support (BPPS) has the responsibility for developing all relevant policy and guidance to support the results of UNDP's Strategic Plan. BPPS's staff provides technical advice to Country Offices, advocates for UNDP corporate messages, represents UNDP at multi-stakeholder fora including public-private dialogues, government and civil society dialogues, and engages in UN inter-agency coordination in specific thematic areas.
Within the context of SDG Financing, UNDP has launched a Sustainable Finance Hub (SFH) which is conceptualized as a finance and innovation platform that draws on a critical mass of UNDP expertise, initiatives, and partnerships to support the mobilization and leveraging of resources for the SDGs and lead the implementation of the new UNDP private sector strategy and other initiatives which fully supports the implementation of the Strategic Plan and supports governments to align private sector activities and financial investments with the 2030 Agenda. The Hub is an integral part of both the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support (BPPS) and the Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA), as part of the GPN.
Being a part of the Sustainable Finance Hub Project Management Support Team, the HR Analyst will support the effective implementation of HR and operational strategies for the effective delivery of all SFH projects.
HR Analyst will be responsible for the performance of the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Efficient and effective HR coordination and support:
- Support the preparation of recruitment plans and their implementation.
- Support the organization of transparent and competitive recruitment, selection, and placement processes, including but not limited to the classification/validation of terms of reference for personnel positions, vacancy announcements, screening of candidates, organization of interview panels, finalization of candidate selection/approvals and handover of completed recruitment cases to GSSC HR Administration Team for hiring, onboarding and contract management.
- Facilitate the negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Support the implementation of the internal control system to ensure timely extension and termination of staff and personnel contracts.
- Maintain staff and personnel files.
- Ensure full compliance of HR activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Support the establishment and proper functioning of a client-oriented HR management system.
- Supports HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management.
- Provide guidance to SFH staff and personnel on performance planning, review, and evaluation processes.
- Maintain, update, analyze and present SFH staff and personnel records including information on contracts and demographics to inform SFH management on the workforce structure.
- Explore and promote learning and career development opportunities among SFH staff and personnel.
- Establish and maintain tracking system to monitor and follow-up on the compliance with corporate HR-related performance indicators, such as timely completion of PMD exercises and UN mandatory trainings.
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR recruitment policies, procedures, and guidelines applicable to project staff and personnel.
2. Efficient and effective project management and operations support:
- Provide support for drafting and editing of documentation pertaining to SFH operations.
- Generate, share and interpret various project management and HR reports from Quantum to ensure proper monitoring and timely corrective actions when necessary.
- Prepare reports and presentations synthesizing lessons learnt and good practices.
- Support the development of training, learning materials and activities by developing substantive components.
- Keep abreast of and inform SFH team members on all HR management developments in UNDP in due course.
- Support the procurement of Individual Contractors from the GPN ExpRes roster.
- Compile, verify and submit information on the applicable common costs (security and maintenance charges) as may be required.
- Provide inputs into the unit’s administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure timely onboarding via BPPS workforce management system and access to corporate platforms for all SFH newcomers.
The HR Analyst will work under the direct supervision of the Project Management Specialist, SFH and in close collaboration with other SFH and BPPS team members.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
|HR - Recruitment||
Recruitment design and management
Knowledge of, ability to design and manage end to end recruitment processes
|HR - Recruitment||Assessment and selection||Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs|
HR – People Strategy and Planning
Knowledge of the UN job evaluation methodology, theory and application
HR – People Strategy and Planning
|People Analytics||Ability to generate and align people data with business intelligence data to inform strategic decision making; knowledge of databases, their architecture, integration and landscape; ability to create and use data models; knowledge of visualization techniques. Gathering and using data and information to provide insights into people issues and guide decision-making|
|Procurement||Procurement management||The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source|
|Business Management||Operations Management||Ability o effectively plan, organize, and oversee the organizations’ business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.|
|Min. requirements||Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business/Public Administration, Management, Economics, Social Studies or other relevant disciplines is required.|
|Min. years of relevant work experience||At least 2 years of demonstrated progressively responsible experience in UNDP Human Resources management, including implementation of HR Strategies, supporting and coordinating recruitment and onboarding processes, HR administration, etc is required.|
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section||
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: