CONSULTANT - VIDEO AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Perugia
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Natural Sciences
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 23 June 2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Within the framework of the UNESCO and the Italian Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the UNESCO World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP), under the overall supervision of the WWAP Coordinator and reporting directly to WWAP Programme Officer, the Video and Graphic Designer will perform the following duties:
- Layout of the Spanish version of United Nations World Water Development Report (UN WWDR) 2023 (based on template UN WWDR2023 French edition),
- Layout of the English and French version of the UN WWDR2024 (see explanatory note A below),
- Layout of Water and Gender related publications
- Layout of translations of gender-related documents, such as the ‘Call for Action Explained’ in French and Spanish
- Produce the communication material (ppt, save the date and/or fliers, videos and interviews, brochures, agenda, badges, etc.) for upcoming events, publications and initiatives concerning both the WWDR (see explanatory note B below) and ‘water and gender’ components of WWAP;
- Develop relevant material for social media (Twitter): GIFs, cards, pictures, videos;
- Extract from existing WWAP communication materials or products (e.g. the UN WWDR), or prepare new material (images, GIF files, videos) for use in social media (Twitter), as requested
- Edit videos and keep WWAP YouTube channel up-to-date (video & description upload);
- Update and/or lay out of PPTs and documents – both for internal and/or external use.
- Any other minor work (i.e. donor report, cards for fundraising etc – applicable to all months)
(A) Publication of UN WWDR2024
- UN WWDR2024 preparatory process: internal design and layout of main editorial elements (tables and figures);
- Prepare design and layout of the “Executive Summary” and “Facts, Figures and Action Examples” (between 12 and 16 pages each). Specifically, five versions for Latin-based languages and one template for non-Latin-based languages;
- Templates for UN WWDR, Executive Summary and Facts, Figures and Action Examples will share the same design language
- Producing the final layout of UN WWDR2024 in English and French.
(B) Communication of UN WWDR2024
- Prepare the communication material in view of the launch of the UN WWDR2024 and related events, including production of videos (long and short trailer);
- Design and layout of the master PPT with focus on the key findings and messages of UN WWDR2024;
- Extract or prepare materials (images, GIF, JPEG, videos) for use in social media (Twitter), either tailored from existing communication materials, or produced as requested.
- Degree in visual arts, communication or similar required
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in the field of video and graphic design.
- Adobe Suite, in particular illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and after effect.
- Video and audio editing software (Premiere, Final Cut, Logic Pro or similar)
- Designed print and web material. Editing videos and motion design.
- Sound knowledge of English. Proficiency in Italian is desirable.
- Familiarity with the design of the UN WWDR series
- Computer skills such as ability to use Mac and Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office suit,
- Familiarity with the UN‐System is an asset.
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”, download and complete the following:
• Employment History form (Word file). At the end of the Word file, insert extra pages with the following required information:
• An approach and methodology for the assignment and a work plan
• A competitive fee for the assignment, which should be quoted in EUR and expressed on a monthly basis.
• An updated CVSELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: