- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - Laos
- Additional Location Description
- Attapeu province in Lao PDR
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to our mission of saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work at the invitation of governments to support them and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems.
CHAI was founded in 2002 in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic with the goal of dramatically reducing the price of life-saving drugs and increasing access to these medicines in the countries with the highest burden of the disease. Over the following two decades, CHAI has expanded its focus. Today, along with HIV, we work in conjunction with our partners to prevent and treat infectious diseases such as COVID-19, malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. Our work has also expanded into cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other non-communicable diseases, and we work to accelerate the rollout of lifesaving vaccines, reduce maternal and child mortality, combat chronic malnutrition, and increase access to assistive technology. We are investing in horizontal approaches to strengthen health systems through programs in human resources for health, digital health, and health financing. With each new and innovative program, our strategy is grounded in maximizing sustainable impact at scale, ensuring that governments lead the solutions, that programs are designed to scale nationally, and learnings are shared globally.
At CHAI, our people are our greatest asset, and none of this work would be possible without their talent, time, dedication and passion for our mission and values. We are a highly diverse team of enthusiastic individuals across 40 countries with a broad range of skillsets and life experiences. CHAI is deeply grounded in the countries we work in, with majority of our staff based in program countries. Learn more about our exciting work: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
Team and Position Overview
CHAI has partnered with the Government in Lao PDR since 2014, supporting the Ministry of Health (MoH) across several health programs including Procurement and Supply Management, Malaria Elimination, HIV and TB Access, and Maternal and Child Health. CHAI Laos has also supported the MoH’s COVID-19 response since the beginning of the pandemic. And also supported the Centre of Nutrition for nutrition commodities integration into the national supply chain.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual with strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills to work as a Program Officer on the CHAI Access to Nutrition program based in Attapeau Province. The Program Officer will support the national scale-up of an integrated supply chain strategy, with a focus on nutrition activities. This will include support on the development of materials, planning, and facilitation of training, capacity building, and other support as needed.
The Nutrition Program officer will be based in Attapeau Province, after completing one month of onboarding in Vientiane Capital. This role will involve significant travel to district hospitals and health facilities around Attapeu Province.
- Support establishing CHAI operations in the focus province.
- Work together with the PSM team and province MOH team to identify and define the strategy for the province, developing and clear operations plan for executions.
- Support the province MOH team to work with PFDU to ensure the nutrition commodities are integrated into the food and drug unit at each level across eLMIS and the system.
- Support the provincial team to ensure the nutrition commodities have the ability to supply to all health facilities in Attapeu province.
- Develops agendas, budget, training material and logistics. Travel schedule for a meeting within the focus province.
- Support province staff to conduct routine monthly data analysis, target interventions, and responding to service gaps.
lead initials gap in service delivery and strengthen Nutrition access to CN service within the province.
- Prepare a compelling presentation for program updates and reports in English and Lao.
- Collaborate with the government to ensure skills transfer to government ownership.
- Develop strong working relationships with government stakeholders, internal partners, donors and INGOs. And ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort with the local province.
- Continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact within the local province.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least 2-3 years of professional experience in the private or public sector.
- Affinity for analytics and information management, with strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build professional and collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders and drive results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including the ability to work independently with little guidance, and propose and implement new approaches/initiatives.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem-solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb and synthesize a broad range of information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to prepare and present compelling presentations and program planning and memo documents.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience working in resource-limited settings.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health and international institutions.