Intern, Innovative contents development for Asia Pacific Disaster Resilience Centre
Acknowledging an increasing number of natural disasters and emerging humanitarian issues in Asia and the Pacific, the Asia Pacific Disaster Resilience Centre (APDRC) was launched in 2016 as the very first Red Cross Reference Centre in the Asia Pacific region, jointly initiated by the Republic of Korea National Red Cross (KNRC) and the IFRC.
APDRC aims to support 38 Asia Pacific National Societies to build safe and resilient Asia Pacific offering capacity building, producing knowledge products including training materials and innovative contents, and facilitating partnership and network among Red Cross Red Crescent movement as well as Academia and Private sectors in the region.
- Applying creative, innovative ideas and activities on APDRC’s projects to build capacity and raise awareness on DRR and community resilience
- Understand and recognize the importance of DRR and community resilience, experience the practice of them, and contribute to build safe and resilience region by participating in projects and programs
- Act and Support to enable the implementation of APDRC strategy on DRR & Resilience
Please note that the is an on-site internship position based in Korea. The incumbent would be working full time at the office of APDRC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the Intern is to support the activities of unit (APDRC). Specific to this internship, this may include the following:
- Develop innovative training contents for disaster risk reduction and community resilience
- Developing training contents such as Virtual Reality, animation, and serious games
- Support to distribute to the contents in Red Cross societies in the Asia-Pacific region, including Nepal, the Philippines, and Vietnam
- Support various international seminar and training hosted by APDRC on DRR and Community Resilience
- International Forum on Disaster Resilience
- Asia Pacific resilience focal point group meeting and etc.
- Roadmap to community resilience via EVCA training
- Public Relations: APDRC English website, SNS management
- English data collection, translation and distribution related to resilience
- Other administrative tasks
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
- Actively work towards the achievement of the IFRC Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Be on stand-by in case of any emergencies
University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline is preferred.
Current pursuit of a master’s degree in international development or related field is preferred.
Demonstrated success in planning, project management and reporting is preferred.
Experience in disaster management/response/risk reduction capacity building is preferred.
Independently producing high quality proposals, concept papers, and promotional materials is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Understanding and interest toward ODA, DRR and Resilience
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Interest and knowledge on Innovative, creative contents (VR, games, digital media) is preferred.
- Strong communication skill using SNS (Instagram, Facebook, and others) is preferred.
- Online research and production of executive summaries of findings
- Strong knowledge and ability to implement on information sharing tools
- Highly organised is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and team-player
- Presentation skills is preferred.
- Positive attitude, detail and goal-oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
- High level of written and spoken English and Korean language skills. Written grammar and style skills should require little editing or correcting.