medair global support office | lausanne switzerland
LocationMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
ASAP. Full time, open-ended contract.
As a member of the Recruitment Team, the Recruitment Partner is responsible for implementing Medair’s International recruitment strategy, sourcing candidates through various channels, planning interviews, selecting ROC participants and making final selection recommendations. The recruitment partner provides input into the development of long-term recruiting strategies, nurtures trusting relationships with alumni and potential candidates and liaises with HR Partners to support internal talent promotion.
Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people. The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a “people to people” model.
Key Activity Areas
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of the Medair recruitment strategy, policy and guidelines together with the Recruitment Team Leader.
- Provide input into the analysis of recruitment activities to provide ROI statistics and improvement possibilities for recruitment targeting and results. Collaborate with the HR Marketing & Communications Team and HR Partners to support individuals in the recruitment and employee life cycle.
- Deliver and use the selection process for new / vacant positions.
- For critical senior and non-senior positions, work in close collaboration with HR Partners.
- Screen applications in regards to applicants’ values, skills & culture. Coordinate technical & call screenings.
- Select participants for the ROC: pre-selected candidates for a job & selected candidate for Medair Talent Pool.
- Help with the management of the candidates Talent Pool.
- Coordinate with the HR Partner to include internal candidates.
- Draw up the short-list and interview potential candidates.
- Make final selection recommendation to the Country Director or GSO line manager (HRP for critical position).
- Manage relationships with potential candidates in Devex, LinkedIn etc. & follow-up for handover to HR teams.
- Make candidate connections and build relationships with the purpose of feeding into the recruitment process.
Emergency Response recruitment
- Provide support in the management of the Emergency Response Pool and email (as delegated), ensuring interested and approved candidates are included and relevant selection criteria are up to date.
- Collaborate with G-ERT on communication with the pool, before, during and after emergencies.
Recruitment Database management
- Contribute to the management of the Medair recruitment database system and ensure it is kept up to date on candidate selection criteria and availability.
- Facilitate and promote use of the database and reports among all HR staff.
- Research and develop key contact information within the recruitment database to support recruitment activities and communications. Ensure data is utilised according to GDPR requirements.
Relationship and Talent management
- Manage ongoing relationship with Alumni and candidates who have passed the ROC (maintain contact, match current and future opportunities identification with candidate availabilities).
- Coordinate with the talent management specialist to include internal candidates into the recruitment strategy for the purpose of talent management. Contribute to the creation of a Talent pipeline.
- Contribute to relationship management in other Medair alumni networks (prayer, funding, Media…)
- Engage and coordinate the ROC, incl. preparation, planning, communication, administration & improvement.
- Be an active contributor in maintaining the quality in ROC management within rotating ROC teams.
- Deliver quality presentations and lectures during the ROC.
- Continually improve on key processes, policies, procedures and information systems, through problem solving and new initiatives, in collaboration with the HR colleagues and stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate on assigned HR projects, track progress and deliver outputs on schedule.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related field.
- HR certification or Master in a related field of operation (optional).
- Good working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous exposure to professional social networks (Linkedin, Xing…).
- Experience in supporting hiring managers, process-building, planning & execution, working under tight deadlines. Experience as an HR generalist/ business partner and with applicants tracking system will be a plus.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment. Working experience with an HRIS is a plus.
- Understanding of humanitarian sector or previous position in an INGO is a plus.
- Ability to work and analyze data. Organization and time management skills.
- Driven and result-oriented with a positive attitude. Ability to build strong and long-term relationships.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: