Seed Supply Associate
Title: Seed Supply Associate
Location: Bamako, Mali
Reports to: Agriculture Manager
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
At mygro, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in Agriculture, Innovation and that provides leading seeds innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. We are looking for for a Seed Supply Associate with competence in project management and seed production to become a member of the Impact team. As a Seed Supply Associate, you will understand myAgro operations to deliver new insights, the seeds supplier’s thinking in new and different ways and provide intense local knowledge and technical expertise in the production and supply of quality seeds to address complex agricultural challenges
- Build seed production capacity with suppliers and ensure end-to-end seeds Quality Assurance (QA) steps
- Create and map localized suppliers of high-quality seed to support myAgro scale
- Support the seed suppliers and seed sector partners in engaging seed producers in developing sustainable seed networks and markets; collation of certified Seed Production
- Help develop the capacity of seed suppliers and seed sector partners through training and other related capacity-building projects
- Provide technical support to seed suppliers, and farmer cooperatives in pre-basic and basic seed production
- Support the establishment and monitor a variety of demonstrations/field days established in the respective zones
- Help prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports related to the project activities
- Help organize meetings (Technical and Partner meetings), training (staff, partners, farmers), and workshops (Seed Marketing, Annual Review, and Planning)
- Provide support to other MyAgro project activities being implemented in Mali
- Provide support in organizing and conducting training and capacity-building activities in the respective geolocations
- Collaborate with myAgro Procurement department to implement seeds multiplication QA steps (field visits and seeds quality tests)
- Perform any other tasks related to the projects by the supervisor.
- 2 years or more in seed production, seed supply systems, or related field
- Experience working with the public and private seed sector
- Experience working with smallholder farmers, NGOs, and CBOs
- Experience in project management and change management
- Familiar with the implementation variety of demonstrations and promotion
- Held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Annual flight benefit
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: