Proofreader and Editorial Assistant (Roster) - Conference Division
- Proofread English texts for precision, quality and conformity with established standards and policies, ensuring that processing and editorial changes have been accurately and successively incorporated and are reflected in the final version.
- Edit, insert corrections, format, merge, collate and prepare documents, which include complex tables, reports and special layouts, adapting to technological developments notably in the field of CAT tools (eLUNa).
- Verify the grammar, syntax, references quoted, concordance of English text with the original document to ensure an accurate translation, comparing style, punctuation and spelling, following IMO guidelines.
- Consult editors, translators and revisers in the case of any omissions or discrepancies between the original and the translated text and make proposals.
- Check that all components of the original (source) text are correctly reflected in the final edited/translated document (e.g. cover page, table of contents, official country names, pagination, chapters, paragraphs, titles, figures, equations, annexes, footnotes, charts, appendices).
- Align bi-texts to support the production of high-quality translation memories for computer-assisted translation tools (Document Storage, eLUNa) and related workflow improvements.
- Convert texts into different formats using various software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat), and check the converted text for accuracy.
- Train or guide staff, including temporary employees, on work procedures in the processing of basic and more complex documents.
- Deal efficiently with high volumes of documents and work independently in order to meet competing document deadlines.
- Be prepared to work night shifts and/or overtime on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties as required for the effective operation of the word processing team, including document processing and routine office arrangements.