Programme Officer - Kenya Country Programme
JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR PROGRAMME OFFICER – KENYA COUNTRY PROGRAMME
Diakonia is a Swedish international development organization with the overall goal of changing unfair political, economic, social, and cultural structures that generate poverty, inequality, oppression, and violence. Diakonia works with the most vulnerable people, local partners, and other strategic actors for the fulfilment of the right of all people to live a life in dignity - irrespective of age, class, disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, political conviction, religion, or sexual orientation and identity. Diakonia works with about 400 partner organizations in 25 countries. In Sub-Saharan Africa, Diakonia has country offices in Mozambique, DRC, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Mali, and Burkina Faso, with the Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
In Kenya, Diakonia works with civil society organizations to promote democracy and human rights, gender equality and climate change. Diakonia Kenya Country Office is looking for an outstanding, dynamic, results-oriented, and self-driven individual to fill the position of a Programme Officer to support the Democracy and Human Rights work.
The Programme Officer will provide key support in planning, formulating and implementing the operations of the assigned programme work plan and budget, monitor expenditures, as well as provide technical and management oversight on programme activities implemented by partner organizations to ensure compliance with funding and Global Diakonia requirements. We are looking for an action-oriented person who understands the democratic and human rights situation and civil society context in Africa.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Strategic Programme Planning & Development
Strategic Program Management
A Programme Officer may be assigned additional responsibility to lead a project in which Diakonia is the lead organization within a consortium of donor organizations. The designated Programme Officer will be the main coordinator for all implementing partners and beneficiaries, ensuring project implementation is in line with the contract, work plan and budget
Education, Training and Professional Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies/ Social Science or related field
· Training in Project Management; Monitoring and Evaluation; Human Rights with a good understanding of the governance contexts of the East Africa Region.
· Training in statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS)
· Demonstrates consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
· Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
· Research and writing skills
· At least 5 years relevant experience from a non-profit organization
· Strong in Human Rights, Gender Justice and Access to Justice
· Strong appreciation of diversity.
· Prior experience working in the East Africa region
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: