PORTFOLIO DESIGN AND MOBILIZATION DIRECTOR - HEALTH, EQUITY, AND RIGHTS
As a member of CARE's Program Strategy & Impact (PSI) team, the Portfolio Design and Mobilization Director (D-PDM) will lead the portfolio design and resource mobilization efforts for Health Equity and Rights (HER). The D-PDM will be the primary design expert for the team's US government portfolio on and will report to the Associate Vice President of Portfolio Design and Thought Leadership with steer and guidance from PSI, Institutional Fundraising and Strategy (IFS) and International Programs and Operations (IPO) teams.
The position will lead proposal working groups and work closely with other senior leaders and staff to integrate best practices and core strategies that are cutting-edge, duplicable, scalable, and documented with credible evidence to develop designs for program approaches. They will include transformational and evidence-based solutions in their leadership of portfolio design and mobilization in support of our drive to grow revenue by more than $20M.
1.Portfolio Design Planning & Positioning
- Lead sector specific strategic planning, design, positioning to substantially increase revenue & mobilize funds.
- Strategically align interests across divisions and geographies, bringing leadership talent and ability to work with diverse stakeholders to bear.
- Identify and execute strategic long-term positioning and profile-raising in country offices.
- Identify, vet and prioritize potential funding opportunities on a quarterly basis in collaboration with colleagues in IFS, IPO and PSI.
2.Resource Mobilization and Portfolio Design and Development
- Lead the technical proposal design using decision making criteria.
- Lead development of concept notes and other key documents for US gov't entities, bringing a combination of technical expertise, proposal management and innovative insight to increase program win rates and program quality.
- Coordinate across departments for inclusive, timely and relevant contributions.
- Plan and execute people-driven processes that incorporate evidence and learning.
- Bring fresh innovation to design.
3.Compiling and Using Learning to Strengthen Portfolio/Proposal Design
- Lead technical discussions that transform learning into strengthened proposals.
- Iteratively include and institutionalize best practices and resources into cohesive program design, creatively calling forth innovative solutions and metrics.
- Assess and standardize capability statements and design methods.
- Critically analyze design methodologies and iterative improve upon them, in conjunction with senior leaders in country offices and elsewhere.
- Connect evidence to portfolio design.
4.Communities of Practice and External Representation
- Participate in and lead communities of practice and working groups.
- Strategically engage with USAID and other relevant external communities of practice and working groups.
- Align CARE’s advocacy and thought leadership strategies with strategic external design and profile-raising opportunities.
- Identify, foster and grow innovative new approaches to improve portfolio design and mobilization.
- Generate effective, transformational pathways for external research inclusion in CARE programs.
- Master's degree and 10 or more years of professional experience in project design and resource mobilization, in combination with technical and topical knowledge and competencies. Must be familiar with USAID bidding and solicitations.
Other Job Locations:
Any State where CARE USA operates.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.* If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.***
Starting salaries are based on internal equity, candidate experience, and the cost of labor where the job is based. Salaries listed only apply to jobs based in the US.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: