MLPP 2023_Programme Specialist (Education)
Post Number : MLPP 2023_5MAED0006RP
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Rabat
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years, renewable
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 31-OCT-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education (ADG/ED), the functional authority of the Director of UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office in Rabat and direct supervision of the Chief of Education, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the education programme and project work, advice, research and knowledge management, networking, partnerships and resource mobilization.
The incumbent works within the frameworks of UNESCO’s Medium Term Strategy (C/4), the approved Programme and Budget (C/5) and global development plans such as the 2030 Agenda. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring quality and evidence-based programming in line with UNESCO standards and country specific priorities. The incumbent is expected to contribute, through programming and technical support, to regional and country education strategies and programs, competenency building, and surge capacity for education especially for lifelong learning sector-planned support, with inclusion and gender-sensitive dimensions.
More specifically, the incumbent should:
- Participate in the conceptualization, design, planning, development, coordination, monitoring and implementation of initiatives with focus on lifelong learning policies support, inclusion and gender priorities in line with UNESCO’s Medium Term Strategy, the approved Programme and Budget, the 2030 Agenda, and as per countries’ needs and priorities.
- Develop, plan, implement, and coordinate initiatives pertinent to education programme support to scale up inclusive policies, good practices, and expand knowledge base evidence.
- Appraise and analyse the context of education in the region including training systems and contribute to assist line ministries in formulating sound policy advice and strategies.
- Contribute to the provision of policy advice and technical assistance to ministries of education and education partners. Provide advice and technical support to field office and peers on matters related to education and lifelong learning policies and advice on applicable tools, policies, and resources.
- Monitor regular and extra budgetary funded projects, activities, and programme implementation and outputs in a timely, coherent, and integrated manner.
- Contribute to the evaluation of and report on projects and programmes. Provide input to the preparation of reports on the implementation of projects and other briefing as required by the office.
- Lead quality assurance process of education and lifelong learning tools, guidelines and handbooks developed within the office.
- Ensure fund raising efforts to support the implementation of education programme projects by identifying funding opportunities, preparing project proposals and cooperation frameworks and following up with donors.
- Ensuring Coordination and exchange between concerned parties such as UNESCO Headquarters, governments, UN agencies, International Organizations, ISESCO, ALECSO and bilateral donors.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Communication (C) Accountability (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in Education, Social Sciences or other related areas.
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in the field of education, of which preferably two (2) years acquired at international level.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing of sector-wide education and lifelong learning support programmes.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent coordination, organization and planning skills.
- Ability to raise funds and mobilize resources.
- Ability to build effective teams, promote teamwork and foster cross-sectoral collaboration.
- Ability to work in a team and to maintain effective working relationships in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to draft clear and concise reports/documents and to communicate persuasively.
- English and French are the working languages of the Organization. Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of French and good knowledge of English.
- Experience in implementing programme and projects at least in one of the following domains: Sector-wide policy planning, Inclusive Education, Gender-sensitive Education.
- Working knowledge of Arabic.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
The approximate annual starting salary for this post is 87,589 US $.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO Careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: