Supply Chain Assistant
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations. DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 600 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for a Supply Chain Assistant for its activities in Sumy.
This position will be supervised by the Supply Chain Team Leader.
Overall purpose of the role:
Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for the purchase of goods and services in accordance with the assigned tasks, logistics functions at the level of the Sumy office (storage, warehousing, transportation, etc.). Provides general material and technical support for the program.
- Compliance with humanitarian principles, rules of donors and DRB, as well as legislation, in order to support beneficiaries
- Execute procurement processes in accordance with received purchase requests or actual needs
- Filling out journals and records accurately and on time (no later than five working days)
- Ensure proper drafting, signing, scanning, uploading to cloud storage, archiving of printed copies of documents
- Ensure proper vetting of DRC suppliers
- Ensure timeliness of payments
- Perform operations using the Dynamics ERP system
- Management of fixed assets
- Receive assets from suppliers, check them, issue them to employees, organize storage and proper use
- Constantly update the list of fixed assets
- Conduct a physical inspection of assets at least once every six months
- Ensure proper labeling of assets
- Warehouse management
- Organization of warehouse support for projects in accordance with DRB rules
- Fleet management
- Participation in the support of DRB projects by road transport
- Participation in hiring drivers and renting vehicles
- Inspection of transport logs and monthly reports
- Other duties
- Cooperation and coordination with the financial department
Required experience and competencies:
- Good understanding of procurement rules and regulations
- Previous experience with INGO will be an advantage
- Excellent command in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the English language is desirable
- Fluency in the Ukrainian language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Relevant university degree in logistics and/or supply chain management or equivalent professional qualification.
- Contract length: 3-month probation period with possible contract extension
- Level: I
- Designation of Duty Station: Sumy full time based.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English). Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 05.11.2023.
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise.
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do.
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution.
- Culture, values & strong leadership.
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!