Senior Associate Scientist I - Digital Agriculture
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
This position will be recruited for R&D on digital agriculture. In the first 3 years contract, s/he will be a key researcher to implement the activties under the USDA – Fertilizer Right Project. This project aims to increase farming and fertilizer use efficiency, effectiveness and develop alternatives to chemical fertilizers and reduce GHG emissions.
The position will deliver important outputs of the ‘Fertilize Right Vietnam’ (FRV) project:
This position will be based at the IRRI Vietnam Office and may only be filled by permanent citizens of Vietnam.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop/adapt/use the digital tools such as Rice Crop Manager, under the FRV project
- Lead in developing technical packages and training materials on precision farming and site-specific nutrient management for rice in Vietnam;
- Lead to capacity building on – and scaling of - the above technologies and innovations
- Manage and oversee on project coordination activities such as workshops, reports, etc.
- Align and pro-actively engage with the project partners, e.g. DARDs, national institutions, etc.
- Supervise technicians to conduct the related experiments, field trials, and demonstrations
- Deliver timely and outcome-oriented strategies and reports to relevant IRRI staff
- Ensure and prepare the quality of research/technical reports and data
- Data management to guarantee quality data, data back up, and data integrity
- MSc on IT/ digital agriculture/ GIS and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- PhD on IT/ digital agriculture/ GIS and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in Digital agriculture/ GIS
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Exprience on agricultural software development
- Have a mix of practical field skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Experience with rice
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances.
Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: