Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 600 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for MPCA Assistant for its activities in Sumy.
This position will report to the Base Manager and MPCA Team Leader.
Overall purpose of the role:
MPCA Assistant is responsible for the implementation of the monetary assistance program (hereinafter - MPCA) in the city of Sumy and in the Sumy region, including participation in the collection of information, identification and registration of persons who need monetary assistance, preparation of the necessary documents for the payment of monetary assistance, support monitoring and evaluation, post grant reporting and ensure compliance with the organization's standard procedures for grant programs (MPCA SOP's). Including: provides administrative or technical support within MPCA programs, assists the MPCA specialist in quality assurance of planning, implementation and follow-up of MPCA program activities, supports program implementation activities.
Administrative and technical support:
- Implementation of the main tasks within the MPCA program
- Ensuring reporting so that required data and MPCA documentation is collected and provided in a timely manner
- Performing administrative tasks
- Allegiance to the provided work plans and instructions
Program and operational activities:
- Support for effective and efficient implementation of the MPCA program
- Participation in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual/review/reports
Coordination and representation:
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on relevant MPCA issues
- Representing the DRC at meetings and other technical coordination meetings
- Ensuring integration with other DRC departments and structures
• Support coordination with logistics and planning departments
Required experience and competencies:
- Relevant work experience of at least 1 year
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Field work experience
- Experience working in an NGO will be an advantage
- Excellent command of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the English language is desirable
- Fluency in the Ukrainian language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Relevant university degree in logistics, political science, economics and/or supply chain management or equivalent professional qualification.
- Contract length: 3-month probation period with possible extension
- Level: I
- Designation of Duty Station: Sumy full time
- Start date: As soon as possible.
The application is open for Ukrainian citizens or those with the existing right to work in Ukraine. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 05.11.2023.
DRC as an employer:
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise.
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do.
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution.
- Culture, values & strong leadership.
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: