Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
The Office of General Counsel and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer is responsible for all aspects of Pact’s legal affairs, ensuring the appropriate protection of Pact’s legal rights and mitigation of its legal risks. The department conducts all internal audits, investigations and oversees Pact’s compliance with all laws, regulations, and donor policy through a global compliance program. The Compliance Manager will report to the office of Internal Audit. Internal Audit is one of the groups found within the Legal Department.
The Manager will execute compliance reviews at Pact’s and IREX’s Sri Lanka Offices and within established organization process controls. The Manager will develop formal written reports to communicate compliance and audit results to Pact management and regulatory agencies, if applicable, and make recommendations as appropriate. The Compliance Manager may facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits.
- Develop risk-based pre and post compliance and/or monitoring plan of Projects implemented at Pact and IREX Sri Lanka Office.
- Perform preventive compliance activities to prevent fraud and other misconduct.
- Perform Sri Lanka projects level compliance review and internal audits as needed.
- Perform risk-based compliance review and monitoring of subawardees, procurements and other areas at IREX Sri Lanka project activities.
- Perform the above-referenced review and monitoring activities under the direction of DC Internal Audit.
- Perform pre-audit information gathering and data analysis interviews and testing procedures and documents results per prescribed compliance and audit program and maintains compliance and audit data.
- Ensures internal control activities are in compliance with guidance provided by Pact DC Departments, Pact Sri Lanka office, donor rules/regulations and DC Internal Audit.
- Conduct Subaward monitoring, including but not limited to verification of Subaward data integrity, compliance with local labor law and reviews of fixed asset management.
- Review and test procedures and systems of internal controls at Pact, as well as IREX Sri Lanka and subrecipient organizations, to ensure they are functioning as planned and in accordance with sound managerial principles.
- Prepare written reports of compliance review, internal audit, and monitoring findings by including specific recommendations for corrective action, where appropriate to relevant management based on the results of regularly scheduled compliance review, non-scheduled review, monitoring visit and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of corrective action plans to aid Pact and IREX Sri Lanka office in improving compliance with procedures and processes.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization; works cooperatively with staff at DC Legal Department, and in Pact and IREX Sri Lanka Office to explain and improve processes and enhance internal controls and compliance.
- Document processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping and provide recommendations to management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, subaward management, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during compliance review, audits or monitoring visits.
- Conducts internal investigations of irregularities, when assigned by DC Legal Department.
- Conduct confidential investigations of Pact Sri Lanka staff and third parties related to Pact Sri Lanka activities, including, but not limited to, (1) arranging, conducting and recoding witness interviews, (2) reviewing evidence and documentation, (3) conducting analysis of financial systems, internal controls, and relevant regulatory and donor rules.
- Draft timely investigation reports with corroborating evidence.
- Make recommendations on corrective actions and assists with relevant follow-up.
- Report lessons learned for incorporation in training and awareness programs.
- Apply detailed knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, donor requirements, organization policies and practices.
- Use information technology systems knowledge to enhance project reporting and analysis.
- Clearly and concisely communicates (oral and written) compliance review and audit findings and recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Other compliance review, audit, monitoring and compliance tasks as assigned by DC Legal Department.
- Employee complies with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including 1 year of management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business Administration highly desired.
- Fully experienced in conducting internal audits, compliance review including strong interviewing skills.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Experienced in government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
- Strong experience in fraud detection and anti-fraud training.
- Experience in subaward and grant monitoring funded by USAID.
- Experience in investigating fraud in USG activities.
- Able to apply advanced analytical skills in MS Excel and other applications to identify potential issues and trends.
- Experienced with automated financial reporting and Enterprise Resource Planning systems and applications (Dynamics 365 Business Central, salesforce, Igloo, Adaptive Insight etc.)
- Strong familiarity with USG regulatory agencies and reporting requirements.
- Ability to travel within Sri Lanka for field work, as necessary.
- Open for Sri Lankan nationals only
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Advanced Degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and/ or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or equivalent qualifications preferred.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Experience working with a global, international organization preferred.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/2130/compliance-manager/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=980&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: