Multilateral Coordination Officer
The OSC: The Organization of Southern Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
Operating under the authority of the Secretary-General, the guidance of the Director of ERIC & Deputy Chief of Staff; Section of Multilateral Cooperation / TPED Permanent Coordination Office and the direct supervision of the Chief of Multilateral Cooperation / TPED Permanent Coordination Office, the Multilateral Coordination Officer assists in developing, maintaining and coordinating the efficient performance and functioning of the Office of Transregional Partnership in Education for Development (TPED).
He or she is also charged with assisting the Chief of Section in contributing to the Department’s role in coordinating and streamlining OSC’s TPED’s duties as the host of the coordination office.
The Knowledge Management Officer also ensures the maintenance of an information and knowledge database amongst TPED members and the streamlining of information sharing.
This position provides the unique opportunity of joining the team of a new international organisation, contributing to its lasting construction and influencing its future trajectory.
- To act as the focal point for all multilateral organisations in their relation with the OSC within the framework of the TPED;
- Contribute to the analysis on current policies as well as on the development of policies and strategies for relations with key multilateral organizations relevant to the TPED’s functions and objectives;
- Support in the organisation and management of TPED coordination meetings of the member organisations chaired by the Secretary-General;
- Assist the Chief of Section in the preparation of briefings for OSC senior leadership as required on the OSC’s engagement and collaboration with multilateral institutions;
- Contributes with the coordination of activities undertaken by the Section, in particular, but not limited to, regarding the TPED;
- Assist with coordination of activities with other multilateral organizations;
- Draft briefing notes and talking points for the Secretary General and/ or the Under Secretary- General when required;
- Be of service when required in the representation of the Department at internal and external meetings and conferences as needed;
- Provide and coordinate inputs for policy papers and draft reports;
- Follow-up on the up to date activities of the Intergovernmental International Organisations, such as ALECSO, ISESCO and UNESCO among others;
- Perform such other relevant duties as assigned;
- Any other duty as assigned by the Secretary General and/or Chief of Staff .
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and cross-cultural communication skills with a proven track record;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong methodical and strategic thinking skills and ability to develop long-term strategies;
- Maintain excellent team work experience and the capable of working under pressure;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to withstand and work effectively in stressful situations;
- Understanding of cultural differences and ability to communicate effectively in/with international teams.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or higher) in International Relations or related fields.
- At least 7 years of working experience in diplomacy or international relations;
- At least 4 years of work experience in a management role within an international and/or regional organisation.
- English – Fluent;
- And knowledge of one or more of the other official languages of the OSC (French, Arabic, Spanish).
Qualified & Interested candidate can apply for this position by sending an email your resume and cover letter to and cc with the subject line “Job Title“.
This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia that welcomes applicants from any country.
- We especially encourage applications from Latin America and Asia Pacific
- We also strongly support female candidates and value diversity and inclusion
- We will review applications as they are received until we fill the position
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: