Overall purpose of the role is to support the transportation based in Ukraine, to plan and manage the fleet / logistics activities in support of relief operations.
The Driver is responsible to drive, manage and administer the vehicle to provide safe and efficient transport for operations teams and field offices.
- Carry out the Daily vehicle driving duty and inspection of vehicle in accordance with the Supply Chain Manual
- Ensure that each vehicle is carrying a Vehicle Log Book, First Aid Kit and Fire Extinguisher.
- Ensure that the vehicles are cleaned both inside and out whenever needed.
- Report any accident or damage or defects to the vehicle to the SC Officer and Security Specialist and appropriate complete Accident Report, passing it to the Supply Chain Officer for action.
- Check and ensure Vehicle Log Books are correctly completed. Ensure that the Log Books are handed to the SC Officer on the first day of each month.
- Make sure that all vehicles are parked correctly during the day and at night at the office parking
- Check own vehicle after it has returned from repair to ensure that the work it went in for has been completed.
- Understand and obey all traffic laws and regulations of Ukraine and DRC in country.
- At all times be in possession of a valid driving license and make sure that the license is renewed when necessary
- Communicating with Supply Chain Officers and Security Advisor
- Monitoring fuel states and organizing refueling
- Sending the completed Logbook to the Supply Chain Officer at the end of each day
- Compliance with working hours as regulated.
- Drivers are required to work in accordance with the operational needs of the operation
Required experience and competencies:
- To be successful in this role we expect you to minimum 5 years profession driving experience
- Clean driving license (no conviction letter)
- 4x4 / off road experience
- Manual transmission experience
- Fluency in local language.
- Working with people.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Knowledge of English language is an advantage
- The position is open for both men and women
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 month renewable after satisfactory probation period.
Designation of Duty Station: Mykolaiv - Full time based
Start date: As soon as possible.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications are open until 31st December, 2023
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: