IFAD is committed to achieving gender diversity. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Director of ECG will need to maintain close working relations within SKD with the other two Divisions - the Sustainable Production, Markets, and Institutions Division (PMI) and the Research and Impact Assessment Division (RIA) - and outside of SKD with other Departments. The ECG Director will be under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Associate Vice-President of SKD. Key partners for Director ECG will be with the Regional Divisions in the Programme Management Department on all issues related to operations and portfolio management and with the External Relations and Governance Department on resource mobilization efforts. In this context, the Director ECG will be a key active member of a number of internal management committees.
They are accountable for collaboration and coordination within the Fund to ensure appropriate consultation, cross-functional synergy and coordination of programme planning and activities. In addition, IFAD competitively sources and manages environment and climate change global finance, which it uses to help mainstream environmental sustainability and climate change resilience into its regular agricultural development work
Key Functions and Results
- Vision & Strategy
- Policy Development & Advice
- Programme Management
- Management of Resources
- Strategic Leadership
* Please note this is a re-advertisement. Those that have applied previously need not re-apply and will be considered in the next round as well.
Essential Criteria to Apply
Education: Advanced university degree in at least one of the following areas: environment and climate, economics, sociology, nutrition, law, anthropology, rural development, regional development planning and any other technically relevant discipline with specialization in areas related to sustainability, nutrition, gender, youth and social inclusion from an accredited institution.
- At least twelve (12) years of progressively responsible professional experience in technically related area of operations in a multi-cultural organization or national organization providing support on a global scope.
- Five (5) years in a multi-cultural organization or national organization providing support on a global scope.
- Position-specific experience: Strong professional record with an international reputation in at least climate finance and knowledge of one of the key thematic areas (environment, gender, social inclusion, nutrition, youth employment, or a combination of those) is required. Experience in facilitating innovative thinking of thematic teams in finding out of the box solutions to complex challenges. Experience in managing large and complex programmes, in engaging with external donors and clients, and in participating in global dialogues. Demonstrated experience and ability at leading and managing multicultural teams is required.
- Required: English (4 – Excellent)
- Desirable: French, Spanish, or Arabic
Position Specific Skills:
- Performance management
- Stakeholder management
- Cross-cutting themes - Environment & climate change
- Cross-cutting themes - Gender and social inclusion
- Cross-cutting themes – Nutrition