IFAD is committed to achieving gender diversity. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Senior Technical Specialist will serve as IFAD’s technical expert in their area of expertise. They will support country/regional programs by providing state-of-the-art global technical advice throughout the project cycle (strategic and operational), as well as contributes to the corporate agenda, in his/her technical area of expertise.
Within their areas of responsibility, the Senior Technical Specialist will exercise a high degree of independence in providing reliable programme delivery. The incumbent at this level shall performs the full complexity range of work independently, including the analysis and approval of complex and precedent setting cases with the aim to ensure cohesion and synergy in the application of technical advice and provision of programme development support. They will also work in collaboration with the thematic Technical Specialists, Country Directors (CD)/Heads of Multi-country Offices (MCO) and other staff to ensure consistency, cohesion and synergy in the application of technical advice and provision of programme development support.
* Please note this is a re-advertisement. Those that have applied previously need not reapply and will be considered in the next round as well.
Key Functions and Results
- Senior Technical Advice
- Knowledge and Advisory Services
- Partnership Building and Outreach Activities
- Managerial Functions
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Senior Technical Advice to Country Programmes
- Fisheries & Aquaculture
Essential Criteria to Apply
Education: Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) - Fisheries, Aquaculture, Marine Science, Aquatic Science or related fields. A PhD degree would be an asset.
- 8 years of relevant experience in development & investment in the field of Fisheries and Aquaculture.
- 3 years in a multi-cultural organization or (inter)national organization.
- Designing and implementing fisheries and aquaculture projects in the context of rural development initiatives.
- Experience in international policy frameworks related to Fisheries and blue economy.
- Authoritative technical expertise in design and coordination of technical research related to the field at a national & regional level.
- Required: English (4 - Excellent), French (3-Good)
- Desirable: Arabic / Spanish (3-Good)
Organizational Competencies - Level 2:
- Building relationships and partnerships.
- Communicating and negotiating.
- Demonstrating leadership.
- Focusing on clients.
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating.
- Managing performance and developing staff.
- Managing time, resources and information.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development.
- Team work.