ECMWF - European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts is both an intergovernmental research institute and a 24/7 operational service, producing and disseminating numerical weather predictions to its Member States. ECMWF is based in Reading, Berkshire, in the UK, approximately 50 miles from London.
ECMWF is currently looking to recruit these 5 profiles to HQ in Reading (UK):
Vacancies at ECMWF - European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts
Please click on the job title to read more about the position and how to apply.
- Principal Climate Scientist, (A-4, Grade)
- The role of the Principal Climate Scientist is to ensure the scientific quality of the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) information and to communicate the relevance of these products to users. Requirements: PhD in climate science or a closely related subject plus att least 10 years of experience working in climate science using both models and observations. Closing Date: 2017-01-17.
- Scientist to work on data assimilation for global atmospheric composition (A-2, Grade)
- The post-holder will work in the development team of the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS) on the assimilation of satellite observations of atmospheric composition species in the global assimilation and forecasting system.A university degree or equivalent professional experience in meteorology, geosciences or a related subject, with a background in data assimilation. A PhD is desirable but not essential. Closing: 2017-01-09
- Scientist to work on modelling Arctic processes (A-2, Grade)
- The position is in the Earth System Modelling Section of the Research Department. The Scientist will work in the Coupled Processes team, in close collaboration with the atmospheric physics and evaluation teams. The aim is to develop an enhanced snow model to be used in the ECMWF coupled Earth system model for interactions between the land and the atmosphere and between sea-ice and the atmosphere. A university degree or equivalent in atmospheric science, hydrometeorology, oceanography or related areas of physics. A PhD is desirable but not essential. Closing Date: 2016-12-12.
- Computer Scientist / Numerical Analyst for research into exascale (A-2, Grade)
- The role involves integrating the I/O server layer in ECMWF’s Integrated Forecasting System (IFS) with the newly developed product generation software, leveraging dedicated storage device technology developed in NEXTGenIO A university degree, or equivalent, in a discipline related to computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering is required. A PhD is desirable but not essential. Closing Date: 2016-12-18.
- Systems Architect - Copernicus Production (A-2, Grade)
- This position is in the Copernicus Production Section in the Forecast Department at ECMWF. The Systems Architect will report to the Head of the Copernicus Production Section, with matrix reporting to the Heads of CAMS and C3S. The successful candidate will be responsible for the definition, architectural design, procurement, development and implementation of the new platform and cloud-based infrastructure. A university degree or equivalent in software development, IT, or a relevant subject. Closing Date: 2016-12-12.
Photo: By ECMWF