Read More and Apply
The overall goal of the Academy is to advance the learning and human development component of WHO's General Programme of Work (GPW) and health sustainable development goals.
The Director of Learning Quality and Innovation will ensure that the WHO Academy will deliver advanced digital and in-person learning to WHO workforce, health policy practitioners, health workers and other individuals.
The Academy will act as a globally accessible school for the future which combines the latest technologies in digital and remote learning with advancements in adult learning science to offer innovative, personalized and multilingual learning that meets priority needs.
Description of Generic Duties
- Ensures effective direction, management, and accountability of the Department and/or the specific programme managed by the incumbent;
- Leads the Department in developing learning design and production, quality, assessment & credentialing, technology, multilingualism, delivery and research;
- Provides highest level technical advice and expertise to Management in the respective area of work;
- Leads the establishment and development of the Department's evidence-based policies and strategies;
- Ensures the management of the monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting of the Department's area of work;
- Represents the Department area of work in global fora to position the area of work in the global health community;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Description of Specific Duties
- Defines the needs, identifies and drives the implementation of digital learning content;
- Provides strategic leadership, oversight, and coordination between the WHO Academy and key internal and external stakeholders ;
- Leads policy-setting, lifelong learning design and delivery for impact;
- Conceptualizes, leads and oversees the translation of health-related training needs into high-impact courses.
Essential Criteria to Apply
- An advanced level university degree (Master's) in Education, International Relations, Health, Economics, Management, Social Sciences, or related field;
- Desirable - a PhD in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- 15 years of relevant (preferably international) professional experience in the field of learning quality and innovation;
- demonstrated experience at a senior and/or executive management position with a leading educational institution/global multinational/intergovernmental organization;
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with the highest levels of representatives from governments, private sector as well as multilateral/non-profit organizations.
- Experience in transforming and leading a large-scale enterprise.
- Operational experience leading a global health educational programme.
- Robust track record in scaling high-impact adult learning.
- Required: English (Fluent)
- Desirable:French/another UN language (Fluent)
- Read more about this job opportunity and apply below - Applications close 16 February 2023.
Read More and Apply