Welcome to the career site of the International Training Centre of the ILO (ITCILO) at Impactpool!
The International Labour Organization and the Italian Government established the International Training Centre in 1964 in Turin, Italy, as an advanced vocational training institute.
It has since matured into a focal point for high-level in-service training. This takes place in Turin, in course participants' home countries or via the Internet.
The Centre provides training and related services that develop human resources and institutional capabilities. The Centre thereby contributes to achieving the ILO's goal of decent work for women and men.
The Centre are a unique institution whose specific assets include:
- a reservoir of expertise on employment, labour, human resources development and capacity-building
- in-depth knowledge of the specific social, economic and cultural conditions of different countries and regions
- a world-wide network of partner institutions and resource persons
- close links with the ILO and the whole United Nations system
- strong client orientation, multi-lingual delivery, inter-disciplinary perspective and gender sensitivity
- constant evaluation and fine-tuning of our services
- cutting-edge information and communication technology
- modern residential facilities on our campus in Turin, Italy
- favorable location for relevant study visits, in the heart of Europe
- advanced training facilities, global scope and multi-cultural learning environment.
The mission of the Centre is to be the leading global provider of learning and training for the world of work. Learning, knowledge-sharing and institutional capacity-building activities and programmes for governments, worker’s and employer’s organizations and other development partners are based on the latest thinking, best practices and comparative experiences in the fields of:
- rights at work
- enterprise, microfinance and local development
- employment and skills development
- social protection
- social dialogue, tripartism, labour law and labour administration
- workers’ and employers’ organizations
- gender and non-discrimination
- sustainable development and governance
- learning methodology and technology
Regular programmes are offered in a multicultural and multilingual environment at the campus or through e-learning. Tailor-made programmes are offered at the organizational, national or regional levels.