Welcome to the career page for DanChurchAid on Impactpool!
DanChurchAid’s work is based on cooperation with local partners, who are generally in the best position to know and assess the local context. The partnership model ensures that our emergency and development work effectively targets the poorest and that activities become locally sustainable.
We implement our own humanitarian mine action programmes and in some cases emergency aid activities, but in most cases we work through local partners who are often members of the ACT Alliance. Ensuring high quality, capacity building and organisational development of local partners is an important cross-cutting component of DCA’s work.
To learn more about DanChurchAid, watch this video:
In close cooperation with partners, DanChurchAid strives to integrate advocacy into all its emergency and development programmes:
Our advocacy initiatives consist of lobby activities, media action, popular mobilisation, and alliance-building.
RIGHTS AND GENDER EQUALITY
DCA is committed to promoting rights-based development and gender equality in all of our programmes.
The drive to promote the interests and rights of the poorest, most marginalised and discriminated men and women is interlinked with our core values.
Being accountable towards rights holders is a key priority for us.
In practice our focus on rights and gender equality means:
- Support poor and discriminated men and women’s political and social chances of changing their own situation, focusing on equal access to active participation and influence as regards decision-making processes and mechanisms on all levels
- Support the responsible authorities and institutions’ chances of and obligation to act in a positive manner and to respect the interests and rights of the most marginalised men and women
- Actively promote equality for marginalised groups, focusing especially on gender issues, and prevent all kinds of discrimination against poor men and women
- Support poor men and women’s access to legal counselling and justice
- Support the use of international human rights standards and mechanisms in order to promote respect for poor people’s rights
- Make it possible for the partners and teams we collaborate with to participate in an active and meaningful manner in all decision-making processes regarding our working relationship
- Ensure that rights and equality principles apply to all of our organisational principles and procedures
MICROFINANCE AS A CROSS-CUTTING COMPONENT
In DCA microfinance components are always integrated into larger programmes and projects where relevant. We believe that access to financial services, or microfinance, is an important instrument to reduce vulnerability and sustain livelihoods.
DANCHURCHAID WORK IN THE POOR PARTS OF THE WORLD
We have regional offices in Africa, Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.
GLOBALLY AND LOCALLY
DanChurchAid is a member of the global network ACT Alliance (Action by Churches Together), an alliance that consists of more than 100 humanitarian and church organisations.
ACT Alliance focuses on development, relief aid and advocacy in more than 120 countries.
In Haiti, Sudan, Cambodia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Zambia DanChurchAid and ACT Alliance partners have strengthened their working relationship via shared offices and programme development as well as closer coordination.
DanChurchAid works via:
- Local partners and local development organisations
- Human rights groups
- Health organisations
- Agricultural organisations
This generates local ownership and commitment, and the partnership ensures that the help is locally rooted and reaches the poorest.