Welcome to the career site of the International Trade Centre (ITC) at Impactpool!
As the joint agency of the United Nations and the WTO, ITC is the only multilateral agency fully dedicated to supporting the internationalisation of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Its joint mandate combines a focus on expanding trade opportunities with the aim of fostering sustainable development.
If you would like to use your skills to help businesses trade and contribute directly to the UN Sustainable Development Goals then ITC is the place for you.
Why are SME’s important?
SMEs represent more than 90% of enterprises in any country and account for two thirds of private sector employment. They therefore create the majority of new jobs and in many cases provide better and more opportunities for vulnerable groups such as women, young people and poor communities. All ITC’s work is focused on 100% Aid for Trade, an initiative that helps developing countries in building capacity and trade-related infrastructure to expand trade opportunities.
Where does ITC’s delivery have the most impact?
70% of ITC’s interventions take place in:
- least developed countries
- landlocked developing countries
- small island developing states
- small, vulnerable economies
- sub-Saharan Africa
- post-conflict countries
ITC helps to enable SMEs in developing and transition economies to become more competitive and connect to international markets for trade and investment. Through this work, the ITC is directly supporting 10 of the UNs Sustainable Development Goals:
ITC Impact: a snapshot
- More than US$ 50 million of export opportunities were generated for women entrepreneurs since 2010
- Half a million registered users have consulted ITC’s suite of free market intelligence tools which have enabled trade of close to US$ 300 million
- ITC’s SME Trade Academy reached 10,000 course enrolments in 2016 in just over two years
- More than 1,000 enterprises met potential buyers in 2015 through ITC support and transacted business as a result
- Around 1,000 firms became export-ready due to ITC training and coaching in 2015
- ITC training enabled almost 800 enterprises to formulate sound international business strategies in 2015
Working at ITC
ITC champions workforce diversity, inclusion, and gender parity and considers all qualified women and men equally, including those with disabilities, without discrimination or prejudice of any kind. We promote an inclusive and gender-responsive organizational culture that respects work-life balance and offer attractive flexible work arrangements to help promote a healthy work/life balance to allow all staff members to fully express and develop their talents. A workforce of 300 employees representing around 80 nationalities bringing a broad range of expertise to the organization.
You will find all ITC positions at Impactpool, update your Impactpool profile to stay alerted when ITC jobs are posted. Find information how to apply in the job advertisements. When sending your application, please indicate you find the opportunity at Impactpool.org.