The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. There are more than 7000 people working in 150 country offices, in 6 regional offices and at our headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
Together they strive to combat diseases – infectious diseases like influenza and HIV and noncommunicable ones like cancer and heart disease, helping mothers and children survive and thrive so they can look forward to a healthy old age. WHO ensures the safety of the air people breathe, the food they eat, the water they drink – and the medicines and vaccines they need.
WHO's primary role is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system. These are their main areas of work:
- Health systems
- Promoting health through the life-course
- Noncommunicable diseases
- Communicable diseases
- Corporate services
- Preparedness, surveillance and response.
As a specialized agency of the UN system, WHO is firmly committed to the following ethical principles:
- Integrity: To behave in accordance with ethical principles, and act in good faith, intellectual honesty and fairness.
- Accountability: To take responsibility for one’s actions, decisions and their consequences.
- Independence and impartiality: To conduct oneself with the interests of WHO only in view and under the sole authority of the Director-General, and to ensure that personal views and convictions do not compromise ethical principles, official duties or the interests of WHO.
- Respect: To respect the dignity, worth, equality, diversity and privacy of all persons.
- Professional Commitment: To demonstrate a high level of professionalism and loyalty to the Organization, its mandate and objectives
WHO is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization
Find out more about WHO, who we are and what we do here.
You find all WHO positions at Impactpool, update your Impactpool profile to stay alert for new WHO jobs. When applying, please indicate that you found the job on Impactpool.org.