Listen to her many great stories, like how she contributed to the building of a new country in East Timor and worked with the transition from peace keeping to peace building in Sierra Leone. It might be one of the lesser-known UN-agencies but UNRWA has 32,000 staff in areas where many other organizations no longer operate.
Here are some of the other highlights from the episode with Laura Londén:
· The essence of a UN career and how it makes a difference
· Her favorite UN-accomplishments that she’s been part of
· The challenges of operating in conflicts or high-risk zones like Syria
· What UNRWA does and why people should come and join
· Why UNRWA have some of the best jobs you can have in the UN system
· The most important skills needed for an international career
· Career advice on the recruitment process and how to prepare as a candidate
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the right side of this page.
Also, please leave an honest review for the UNjobfinder Career Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read them all.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates!
Click here to get the complete transcript of episode 07
Laura, thank you again for being such a wonderful guest!