Integrated Early Childhood Development (IECD) Programme Document Consultant
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Type of contract: Consultancy
Duration of contract: 45 Working days
The conceptualization of the IECD roll-out should be based on a participatory approach in close consultation with key development partners and UNICEF staff. More specifically, the overall programme document should include the following components:
1) Develop an IECD brief Situation Analysis based on a desk review which identifies bottlenecks and opportunities for implementing IECD in the Ethiopian Context.
2) Based on extensive consultation with stakeholders,develop an IECD Strategy Note and Action Plan which identify a programmatic and operational structure for implementing IECD as part of the new Country Programme, aiming to create utmost integration and synergies between sections as well as clear accountability and responsibility among UNICEF staff. The suggested structure should take into account good practices from similar approaches in other countries. In particular, the Note should include a theory of change for IECD in line with the overall programme structure of the new CPD and clear linkages with regional and global results structures.
3) Develop an IECD Research and Advocacy Strategy which identifies research gaps that need to be addressed in order to produce an evidence base for the IECD roll-out in Ethiopia. The Strategy should further outline key stakeholders’ perception related to IECD and provide recommendations for related (evidence-based) advocacy products.
4) Develop an IECD Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategy which identifies potential partners and donors for UNICEF cross-sectoral IECD programmes and programming. The Strategy should be based on a mapping and analysis of the IECD related partner and donor landscape and priorities, UNICEF’s comparative advantage and outline specific areas for IECD programme proposals for selected donors.
1) Outline of IECD Programme Document, including consultation schedule and desk review list. 5 days 2) Report of IECD Roll-out Consultation Process. 10 days
3) Draft IECD Programme Document*(comprising four stand-alone products as outlined under ‘Specific Tasks’.* 15 days
4. Final IECD Programme Document (comprising four stand-alone products as outlined under ‘Specific Tasks’) 15 days
Apply online: http://www.unicef.org/ethiopia/careers.html
Applications must include motivation letter, an updated CV, and a completed UN Personal History Form (P-11) available for download on the same page.
Please DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS, ACADEMIC DEGREES OR RECOMMENDATION LETTERS WITH THE APPLICATION.
UNICEF and UN candidates must also include two recent Performance Evaluation Reports.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.