Gender Advisor (Filipino Nationals Only)
Makati City (Philippines) | Manila
ACF is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for ACF in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: Nutrition, Food, Security and Livelihood, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster Risk Reduction Management, Advocacy and Good Governance.
Reporting to the Technical Coordinator, the Gender Advisor will plan, oversee strategic gender development and integration in program deliverables, provide specific advice support in gender and conduct gender analysis. The advisor also expected to review country level project document/strategy documents and build the capacity of ACF staff in gender/mainstreaming.
Objective 1: Project management and implementation **
- Assist in designing and integrating of gender-responsive interventions across technical areas and provide support to the development of detailed implementation plans for gender activities in coordination with technical coordinator and sector referent;
- Operationalize ACF's gender policy in routine project/program implementation to ensure greater consistency of gender principles, policies and practices across the organization to provide accountability framework for gender equality.
- Mainstreaming gender and targeted actions in ACF country strategy, all departments, strategies. Programs and projects to increase impact of ACF's interventions for women, girls, boys and men.
- Undertake systematic gender analysis of policy and program documents in institutionalizing gender mainstreaming for program development effectiveness;
- Ensure gender issues are addressed throughout the project cycle, planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of ACF's policies, programs, projects and research.
- Conduct project level gender strategies and participate in other gender related activities at the project level, as needed.
- Conduct a desk review of existing studies that examine roles of women, men, boys and girls in various sectors relevant to ACF-Philippine programming. Compile existing evidence base to inform project activities and identify information gaps to be filled by project data collection activities
- Review proposals and reports to ensure they attain the IASC gender Marker to meet the minimum threshold for donor requirements.
Objective 2: Technical support and link with the others ACF departments and stakeholders
· To take the lead in the coordination with other stakeholders/partners on gender issues
- Ensure and maintain the working relationship with the local partners (LGUs, stakeholders) and consortium team/members
- Participate in meetings with the relevant stakeholders and represent ACF at local level LGU/cluster and other relevant meeting in coordination with Technical coordinator
- Develop knowledge products to strengthen ACF capacity to provide technical backstopping on gender issues including: conceptual clarity on gender mainstreaming, and inputs to independent research on emerging gender issues
- Develop methodologies and guidelines for promoting effective gender mainstreaming across the program portfolio
- Support proposal development teams to integrate gender throughout the proposal, including technical, budget and M&E
- Support continuous capacity strengthening of ACF technical staff to enhance gender mainstreaming in design, implementation and evaluation
Objective 3: Reporting and Capitalisation
· Ensure monitoring tools are developed and monitoring system is in place
- Lead the preparation and finalization of reports in timely manner on gender related activities, including collection and archiving of SoVs
- Develop a case study documenting the learning from the initiative with a focus on programmatic as well as institutional dimensions, reflecting on processes and lessons learned.
· Prepare and submit progress reports (technical and narrative), such as APR and other reports as requested by line manager following the agreed format.
Objective 4 : Admin/Finance/Log/HR (in coordination with Administrative Coordinator and Base Logistician in country )
Prepare budget forecast for planned activities in coordination with Technical coordinator/finance/admin/Log
Ensure the supervision and control of expenses related with the activities of the project (procurement planning and close monitoring and feed backing on FMT)
Ensure the application of the log/kit forms and procedures pertaining to the supply chain, procurement, transport/movement,
Coordinate the budget forecast and follow up
Comply with HR policies and systems established in the mission
Objective 5 : Security Management
- Liaise with the Head of Bases and Logistic coordinator to ensure that security measures/protocol are complied
- In coordination with logistics, keeps in mind the security constraints of the area of operations for the design and implementation of programs.
- Informs logistics of any security problem encountered in the implementation of the activities.
- Participates in the updates of security plans and adheres to the adopted measures.
- Ensure the respect of the mission security rules by his/her team
- Participate in regular meetings when required
- Write reports and minutes as required
- Complete duties that are inherent to the position and requested in light of mission needs and context *
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
§ Compensation: based on ACF grid and candidate’s previous experience
§ Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
§ Project Based Employment
Master's degree on gender integration related field or substantial field work experience on gender integration.
Knowledge and experience in managing/mainstreaming gender integration in projects/programs and/or worked as gender adviser in emergency and development context in the Philippines
Minimum 2 years work experience on similar position with similar setting and responsibility
Knowledge of Philippine context, opportunities, challenges, etc. on gender integration and gender mainstreaming.
Track record on development of gender sensitive indicators and monitoring;
-Experience in program or project development;
Experience from both private and INGO sectors is an advantage
Knowledge of IASC Gender Marker and main donor requirements in term of gender integration including USAID, OFDA, DfiD, ECHO, EU donors, etc.
-team player and able to work under pressure
- Demonstrated analytical skills on gender issues
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Monitors progress against milestones and deadlines;
Knowledge designing and delivering capacity building for technical teams
Willing to travel to extensively and conflict and natural disaster affected areas
Ability and openness to learn from the technical team.
Knowledge in assessment, monitoring and evaluation
Familiarity with ACF and acceptance of ACF's principles an advantage
Good knowledge of Filipino and Local language is a must. Knowledge of English, both verbal and written communication and capacity to prepare reports
Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, Word, Outlook
Interested candidates should send: A letter of motivation, updated CV and the details of 2 contacts from the human resource department that can provide professional references for the last two work experiences.
PLEASE send all applications citing the following reference PH171 to:
The Human Resources department will contact only those pre-selected for an interview.