Consultant - End-line Assessment of Project “Improving MNCH among deprived populations in Cambodia” (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
UNICEF Cambodia Country Office is looking for a consultant to conduct the end line assessment of the project "Improving Maternal, Newborn and Child Health among deprived populations in Cambodia".
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
UNICEF Cambodia Country Office is looking for a consultant to conduct the end line assessment of the project "Improving Maternal and Newborn Healthcare among deprived populations in Cambodia".
Purpose of the Assignment
UNICEF plans to conduct a final end-line assessment as an independent assessment for the project in its entirety. The assessment will analyze the main trends and outcomes of the interventions, successes and challenges of the project and propose recommendations and corrective actions to address the sustainability of the interventions.
Under supervision of the Health Specialist of Child Survival and Development, the consultant will work closely with relevant project key counterparts at national and sub-national level. The consultant will undertake the following tasks:
1. Develop work plan for the end project assessment with clear timeline, potential consultation with relevant key programme staff and stakeholders at national as well as at provincial and operational district (OD) levels and areas to be visited.
2. Conduct a desk review of relevant maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) policies, strategies, and guidelines as well as the analysis the trend of MNCH related service coverage and utilization using existing data/information such as the health management information system, IECD longitudinal survey, facility assessment, and ComBI End-Line assessment finding.
3. Review and analyze project specific interventions such as IPPC, CCMN, IMCI, ComBI Pneumonia, to identify its overall outcomes and attribution/contribution to the MNCH status, especially in the target area.
4. Undertake consultation with relevant key programme staff and stakeholders at national as well as at provincial and operational district (OD) levels (e.g. managers of relevant national programme / departments, relevant programme managers at provincial and OD levels) to collect additional information (e.g. quality of services, patient satisfaction, etc.) not captured by the health information system. Field visits to selected provinces for a minimum 10 days shall be expected.
5. Consolidate all finding and write up the final report. The draft end project report shall be presented to UNICEF CSD and relevant implementing partners for its finalization with incorporation of comments and recommendations provided. The final end project report shall not exceed 30 pages in length, including an executive summary but excluding annexes.
Location & Duration
The consultant will work mainly at the premise of the UNICEF CSD Office with occasional travel to provinces using transportation arranged by the UNICEF Cambodia office. Access to internet and ICT equipment (printer, scanner, photocopy machine) shall be granted.
Duration of contract will be 30 working days over two and half month-period, starting from the 15th December 2016 to 3rd March 2017
Deliverable#1: (10 working days) shall be completed and submitted by the end of the 2nd weeks after the contract work started
• Work-plan for end project assessment with timeline, potential consultation with key programme staff and stakeholders at national and sub-national levels and areas to be visited identified
• Summary of the preliminary finding from desk/programme implementation review with soft copy of relevant document reviewed and proposed plan for further assessment activities.
Deliverable#2: (15 working days) shall be completed and submitted by the end of the 5th weeks after the contract work started
• Draft of end project assessment report consolidating all assessment/review finding, which will be the basis for final consultation and finalization of the report
Deliverable#3: (5 working days) shall be submitted 30 days before the consultancy contract expires
• Final report of the end project assessment with all relevant assessment reports and document reviewed.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• Advanced university degree in Public Health, International Health Policies, Maternal and Child Health, Social Sciences, or related Discipline
Years of relevant experience
• At least 10 years of experience in health research, health system strengthening, health programming in developing countries and programme assessment/evaluation applied to health service delivery, health promotion and child survival and development.
• Demonstrated experience with MNCH programme assessment/evaluation.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge and skills in health research and programme assessment/evaluation;
• Knowledge of global health issues, specifically relating to maternal, newborn and child health, epidemiological patterns, methods and approaches.
• Knowledge of health system strengthening, health programming and health service delivery in developing countries health.
• Knowledge of Cambodia local contexts as well as local country strategies and policies relevant to UNICEF programme.
• Strong inter-personal communication skills.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Analyzing and Formulating Strategies and Concepts
• Working with People
To view our competency framework, please click here.
To view ToR details, please click on the attachment ToR_Consultant_End assessment of MNCH Project.pdf
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2017-02-19