SVN 2017/37 (P) - Operations Coordinator (Shelter-NFI) (P2) - Juba, South Sudan
Juba (South Sudan)
Position Title Operations Coordinator (Shelter-NFI)
Duty Station :Juba, South Sudan Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations, and the direct supervision of the Shelter & Non Food Items (NFI) Cluster Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational coordination and technical supervision of the Shelter / NFI programme of IOM in South Sudan. S/he will be responsible for the coordination of the frontline response, pipeline management, reporting and monitoring teams.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the S/NFI Programme Manager in planning, developing and monitoring the effective implementation of IOM South Sudan’s operations and ensure IOM’s project implementation is in line with the cluster policies and strategies.
2. Provide input into new project development, as well as engage affected community, local government, and other humanitarian and development actors to define and pilot durable solutions for displaced populations.
3. Participate and represent IOM in the Shelter/NFI Cluster forums like Operational Working Group, Technical Working Group and Strategic Advisory Group and other ad hoc meetings. Page 1 / 44. Support the Programme Coordinator in project development to ensure project proposals are aligned to Shelter/NFI Cluster strategy.
5. Plan, supervise and coordinate implementation of all Shelter/NFI activities (including but not limited to pipeline, frontline and M&R) in South Sudan in collaboration with relevant IOM units and field staff, to ensure efficient and timely implementation in accordance with IOM and cluster standards and guidelines.
6. Coordinate the overall delivery of the works, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
7. Ensure quality of deliverables and services with compliance to minimum standards where applicable.
8. Contribute to the integration of crosscutting issues such as gender, environment and DRR in the programme/projects. Ensure these are properly reflected in the IOM Shelter/NFI responses. 9. Support the Programme Manager in programme/project reporting and provide regular input to the reporting unit for donor updates, donor reports, newsletters, etc. as needed. 10. Coordinate with HR Officer on recruitment and training. Supervise programme staff throughout the different phases of the programme cycle.
11. Coach, support and oversee the performance of the field staff assigned activities related to shelter/NFI.
12. Ensure appropriate coordination with all humanitarian partners as well as with national authorities and local structures in South Sudan.
13. Undertake duty travel as required, for project site review and other duties of concern to the project activities.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Disaster Management, International relations, Conflict Management, Human Rights, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in humanitarian response, operational field or a related field experience; • Emergency experience and previous project implementation and management experience, including project monitoring and reporting an advantage;
• Project implementation and management experience, including project monitoring and reporting an advantage;
• Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office package (Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), internet and Email.
Fluency in English is required.
Page 2 / 4Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
system, by 02 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 17.02.2017 to 02.03.2017
Page 3 / 4Requisition: SVN 2017/37 (P) - Operations Coordinator (Shelter-NFI) (P2) - Juba, South Sudan (54928440) Released
Posting: Posting NC54976682 (54976682) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2017-03-02
P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Multiple locations (Various)
Coordonnateur National projet " Appui à la Protection des enfants victimes de violations de leurs droits"UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
Bangui (Central African Republic)