SVN 2017/40 (P) - Project Officer (Emergency&Stabilization)(P2)-Kiev,Ukraine
Position Title Project Officer (Emergency and Stabilization) Duty Station : Kiev, Ukraine
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 05 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to Project Development and Reporting and supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities carried out by the Emergency and Stabilization (E&S) Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Under the guidance of the Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator and in close coordination with the Regional Office, provide technical inputs and follow up on administrative and logistical aspects in relation to the conceptualization and development of new projects and initiatives for the E&S unit.
2. Under the guidance of the E&S Programme Coordinator, support the E&S unit’s fundraising efforts by compiling and analyzing relevant information on donor policies and priorities for Ukraine and/or on IOM programming to be presented to the donors.
3. Monitor and coordinate the elaboration and compilation of ad hoc/interim/final reports for Page 1 / 4donors, government and other relevant stakeholders, ensuring compliance with donor and IOM’s requirements and procedures.
the Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator, when needed.
5. In line with the monitoring and evaluation plans, assist in carrying out internal mid-term and final evaluations as well as supporting the development of research, studies and assessments conducted by the E&S Unit, including but not limited to the National Monitoring System Survey. 6. Assist in identifying, contracting and monitoring external organizations/firms sub-contracted to implement surveys and studies required for monitoring programmes/projects’ performance as well as assist in the development of Terms of References and contracting of relevant consultants.
7. Undertake visits to the field in coordination with project specialists to support project development and reporting as well as support the organization of monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned/organized by external partners and donors.
8. Design and organize regular training sessions and on the job training to E&S project staff in the field in order to build capacities on project development and reporting 9. In close coordination with the Programme Support Unit, management and other relevant units/partners, assist in the preparation of E&S-related communication material and information sharing tools, including but not limited to drafting press releases, website updates, visibility/ info materials, geared towards the promotion of IOM's E&S image and programming. 10. Edit and review documents both for internal and external use, as requested. 11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Statistics, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Operational field experience in humanitarian or stabilization related fields; • Proven technical competence and experience in project development and reporting using logical framework and results-based management (RBM) approaches;
• Excellent knowledge of IOM Project Development handbook, stages of IOM project cycle, instructions and procedures;
• Superior reporting, writing and editing skills and demonstrated experience in planning, editing and producing documents and/or reports;
• Monitoring and evaluation expertise including quantitative and qualitative M&E methods; data analysis; implementation of M&E systems and plans; planning and managing evaluations; and knowledge of relevant contemporary trends and innovations in M&E, such as remote monitoring and evaluation techniques in conflict environments;
• Experience of working in Ukraine and/or the CIS region is a distinct advantage; • Knowledge of the region and/or similar contexts is an advantage.
Page 2 / 4Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Russian and Ukrainian is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
system, by 05 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4Posting period:
From 20.02.2017 to 05.03.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/40 (P) - Project Officer (Emergency&Stabilization)(P2)-Kiev,Ukraine (54978848) Released
Posting: Posting NC54978888 (54978888) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Kiev
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Humanitarian Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-03-05