VN 2017/48 (P) - Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (EUTF) (P2) - Dakar, Senegal
Position Title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (EUTF)
Duty Station : Dakar, Senegal
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Migrant Assistance Specialist and under the direct supervision of the Regional Programme Coordination Officer, the successful candidate will oversee the monitoring and evaluation aspects of IOM activities under the EU-funded initiative “Protection and Reintegration of returnees along the central Mediterranean migration route”.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the development of standardized Information Management and M&E tools with the support of the IM and M&E Units and ensure their application within the region. 2. Coordinate all M&E activities of the EUTF programme in the region and support the IM Officer in the coordination of IM activities. Develop program regional IM and M&E reports with the support of relevant regional staff and country offices.
3. Assist in the dissemination of relevant information to IOM country project managers, M&E project officers, and IM officers in country offices on both quantitative and qualitative assessment and monitoring aspects and for evaluation of programme activities, including their Page 1 / 4impact.
4. In partnership and coordination with the Regional Specialists, the regional M&E Officer, the regional IM Officer and Country Offices, provide relevant IM and M&E information and assistance in the development of EUTF approach in particular in order to meet the mandatory requirements on IM and M&E as set out by both IOM and donors.
5. Contribute to the development of standardized communication protocols and information-sharing tools and processes, in coordination with programme management, field teams and programme partners, to facilitate improved information sharing between all programme participants and stakeholders.
6. Document IM and monitoring and evaluation trends and activities on a geographic or thematic level.
7. Review M&E plans regularly and ensure their pertinence to EUTF programme goals and objectives.
8. Within the EUTF, review IM and monitoring reports, and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and necessary corrective actions. As needed undertake visits to the field in coordination with project managers to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations/corrections might be needed.
9. Ensure proper information flow with country offices and sharing of the outputs/outcomes of IM and M&E findings with relevant stakeholders; facilitate discussions of monitoring data in appropriate forums in a timely fashion, also in terms of lessons learning and implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion forums to fill any gaps. 10. Assist in the development of broader regional reports as required and in coordination with senior management to be used for internal and external communications materials, highlighting IOM programming outcome and impact across the thematic areas and when applicable, to specific sub-regions.
11. Review monitoring reports at the programme activity level in the region to be shared with relevant stakeholders. Coordinate with the Regional programme coordination officer, the Regional IM and Regional M&E Officers and Public Information Unit (PI) with regards to dissemination of lessons and to utilization of the outputs of M&E regional reports and findings in PI materials.
12. Assist in identifying, contracting and monitoring external organizations/firms that are sub-contracted to implement surveys and studies required for monitoring Programmes/projects’ performance, outcomes and impacts. Draft Terms of Reference for monitoring sub-contractors when relevant and related contracts.
13. Design and organize regular training sessions and on the job training to project staff in the region in order to:
a. Promote adherence to agreed standards of implementation;
b. Create greater awareness of reporting requirements;
c. Encourage widespread use of appropriate data collection methods; and d. Gather feedback regarding the effectiveness of these methods.
14. Participate in monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned/organized by external partners and donors and facilitate access to M&E data to relevant stakeholders. 15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Page 2 / 4Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in project implementation and management, preferably in the field of research, monitoring and evaluation or information management;
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated managerial and organizational ability are required;
• Proven experience in: the logical framework approach, RBM and other strategic planning approaches; M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory); implementation of M&E systems and plans; training in M&E development and implementation; information analysis and report writing;
• Proven experience in data management, analysis and reporting in a humanitarian or development context.
• Expert knowledge of MS office and advanced statistical skills including knowledge of database management, statistical and project management software is a strong advantage; • Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to write clearly and accurately • Knowledge and understanding of the migration issues in the region is an advantage. Languages
Fluency in English and French is required.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Page 3 / 4Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 23.02.2017 to 08.03.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/48 (P) - Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (EUTF) (P2) - Dakar, Senegal (54982753) Released
Posting: Posting NC54982779 (54982779) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-03-08