Senior Liaison Officer (National Contract)
Senior Liaison Officer will be responsible for establishing network between DRC and local and central authorities, and feeding the respective managers with information, he/she will Coordinate and supervise Liaison Officers in other Duty Stations.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the Job:
DRC is looking for Senior Liaison Officer for its program in Turkey. In close cooperation with the Country Director. Senior Liaison Officer is responsible for;
- Support and facilitate the communication and coordination of DRC activities by serving as an official go between DRC senior management staff and local and central authorities and/or relevant stakeholders
- Attend key meetings and represent DRC as per CD’s request
- Support strategic partnership with local partners by facilitating coordination, monitoring and reporting in any collaboration
- Provide the team with regular updates analysing Turkey’s emerging political, socio-economic and administrative developments
- Assisting the project managers to enable the implementation of the projects by liaising and coordinating with local and central authorities, and other appropriate national authorities on all matters relating to the DRC staff members and assets, as well as the activities of DRC
- Support the smooth running of the activities through maintaining a constructive and inclusive relationship with concerned authorities, partners and other agencies
- Identify sources of information related to policy driven issues, synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to program’s goals.
- Establish or reinforce relations with the representatives of the different administrative services
- Keep senior management informed of any changes in the administrative procedures for obtaining documents
- Meet with the representatives of the different administrative services as often as necessary to obtain documents or solve problems
- Maintain and develop day-to-day contacts with key authorities and ensure the prompt sharing of information, conclusions or messages
- Monitor the evolving situation in the area of DRC/DDG operations in coordination with other actors (e.g. NGOs/INGOs, UN agencies, national/local authorities and civil society entities) as per regional, country and programme guidelines
- Facilitate access and operations through the provision of reliable advice to staff and managers
- Draft reports and briefings related to DRC activities in Turkey to be submitted to local authorities
To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- Tertiary education (Bachelor minimum) in communication, politics, social sciences or other related field
- Very good research and analytical skills
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively, including ability to prepare reports and presentations, both English and Turkish.
- Ability to conduct presentations by clearly formulating positions on issues, articulating options concisely, conveying maximum necessary information, and making and defending recommendations;
- Possesses excellent drafting and communication skills with proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to match style and format to audience
- Experience working with NGOs, other international agencies or multinational business and/or experience in Governmental Agencies
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC Turkey offers an employment contract of 9 months with the possibility of extension (depending on funding). The position will be based in Antakya with regular travel to other DRC Turkey offices in the country as directed. We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted. Furthermore, DRC Turkey provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
Start date: ASAP
Need further information?
You are welcome to contact the HR team, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the position.
Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or Apply HERE. Please note that application are not to be sent to HR team; we only accept applications sent online via http://www.drc.ngo/.
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the job vacancy. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees as well as your salary expectations.
Applications close 09.03.2017.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult http://www.drc.ngo/.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Antakya
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-03-09